Freindly Fire

Third Person POV

The first wave of siren planes and ships were soon annihilated by the combined firepower of the Eagle Union and the Royal Navy however as Y/N and Enterprise flew over the charred remains of siren ships and falling siren planes a barrage of lasers soon made them split as more siren models continue to pour from the portals. As the battle continued Y/N soon made a beeline towards Akagi, like it or not he knew that if he stopped Akagi he stops this entire battle. As he thought of this he soon raised his pistol and took aim however as his crosshairs laid on the kitsune's head several tracer rounds soon flew past his head, forcing him to duck.

Y/N: Son of a b*tch!

Kaga: I will not let you hurt my sister!

Y/N silently cursed and soon turned his plane away, quickly gaining altitude as he continued to dodge tracer rounds that flew past him. As he continued to fly he saw Enterprise lining up for another dive bomber attack, her bow drawn as the siren forces seemed to slowly dwindle as the red lights of the siren models began to dim. As he continues to fly around the skies he soon noticed the lasers that the siren ships typically weild as the anti aircraft were replaced with flak, soon coating the sky however still providing the marine with a single question in his mind.

Y/N: Why are they not sending more reinforcments?

Suddenly the crackle of Y/N's radio nearly made him jump as Belfast's voice soon jumped from the radio.

Belfast: Y/N, we have multiple sightings of other Kansen's in the area!

Y/N: So the Crimson Axis finally arrived, guess that explains why they're pulling out their siren ships to limit freindly fire.

Y/N continued to dodge incoming lasers and flak as his eyes scanned both the skies and the ocean surface. As his eyes soon made to its way to the back of the fleet his eyes widened as he soon spotted a certain white haired figure.

Y/N: Tirptiz?

His mind was quickly interrupted as he soon spotted a quick flash of an explosion from the corner of his eye, only for his heart to sink as he soon turned his eyes to the source. The radio crackeled and though Belfast's distressed voice his face fell.

Belfast: Enterprise!

Y/N didn't waste anytime and soon gunned his plane around with afterbunner towards the falling figure, his legs firing up to jump. As he quickly approached Enterprise however the sound flak guns from underneath soon forced him to quikcly turn to the side, a flak explosion soon ripping the air apart from where he was a momment prior. His eyes however never left the falling form as it continued its desent, into the depths bellow with a splash.

Y/N couldn't beleive it, no one in the entire fleet on either side could beleive it. Not even Kaga, the kansen who struck down the women could beleive it. However as the ripples in the water subsided from the impact Kaga's eyes widened. The feeling in her heart wasn't one of pride or honor like she had anticipated in her chase, driving the human away from the Grey Ghost so that he was preoccupied with her allied AA and eventually felling onto the ship girls herself. No, the only reaction she had was her shocked, wide eyes, and a sickening feeling in her chest. This wasn't the same as the wars before, against the sirens or even in their previous lives. All those battles were her against the enemy, the cold faceless enemy, just another machine in this cog of war. Her self evaluation was soon cutoff however as her eyes soon caught the gleam of a machete, to which she quickly jumped back only to quickly duck under a swift kick. Her arms soon raised up to block a punch that sent the carrier back onto a diffrent plane. As she began to recover a cold voice soon entered her ear, a shiver soon rising up along her spine as her eyes met the narrowed pupils of Y/N.

Y/N:....how does it feel?

Kaga: W-What?

Y/N: How does it feel to finally take down the Grey Ghost?

Kaga looked at the commander with a strained face, her eyes dart around before finally settling down on Y/N's own eyes. Her throat felt dry as a small shake in her head brought a cocked eyebrow up onto the marine.

Kaga: No....no its not anything like I thought it would be.....

Y/N: And you think I would beleive you that easily?

Kaga looked at the marine again, her hand balling up into a fist as her eyes soon dropped down. Y/N continued to stare daggers at the kitsune as the battlefield began to gear up for another round of fire. Y/N looked into Kaga's eyes and even in his state of anger he could see the regret written all over her face. He remembered from the books in the library that Kaga and Akagi had fought alongside Enterprise in the beginning of the alliance's history, though with reservations. He was sure that they would relish the momment they struck down Enterprise, however as he looked into the face of the white kitsune a small lightbulb lit in his head. He kept his machete up and ready before soon glancing down at the sea. In his view he could see the faces of the ship girls on both sides, their expressions ones of sorrow or hesitency. It was clear none of them wanted to spill more of their comrade's blood.

Y/N soon calmed down and sighed as he refocused on Kaga, his mind going through his possible next moves. He had already committed himself to a promise of violence, but it seems that the message was a bit premature. However his thoughts were soon interrupted as a huge beam of light soon errupted from the sea. Confusion ran through the battlefield as all eyes went to the light. Suddenly the light dissapated soon showing Enterprise, bow drawn and aimed. Y/N's eyes soon widened as Enterprise fired her bow, his jets soon firing up as the arrow zipped through Kaga's chest. With a swift motion Y/N soon caught Kaga's limp body, his eyes then locking onto Enterprise as he began to fly away, soon making contact with Enterprise's bright yellow eyes.

Y/N: Bright yellow eyes?

Suddenly Enterprise was gone and Y/N soon saw her appear from thin air infront of Akagi. Y/N shook his head and did a silent curse as he soon went into afterburner. He soon saw the familiar form of a white haired battleship and soon went in for a low pass, quickly passing Kaga's body along with a glance towards her before then heading out back up towards the two carriers, now engaging in a duel. Y/N rapidly approached the two, his riggings firing what it could to keep the two shipgirls from seriously hurting each other as Akagi's siren modifications and Enterprise's new found powers lit up the sky. Suddenly a bright flash hit Akagi and her rigging's cracked, blood soon spurting from the kitsune's mouth as her legs began to shake. Y/N raised his hand towards Enterprise, her bow slowly drawing back as it was aimed at the kitsune who barely held onto her conciousness. Akagi's eyes flashed with a tear as a breath is held between the fleets. Soon Enterprise fired and Akagi's eyes closed in anticipation.

Akagi never felt the pain of the arrow, her eyes slowly opening only to shoot wide open as her opponent's own eyes flickered until it returned to its normal color, eyes also wide. Y/N panted, his teeth gritted as he soon fell to the side, a bright yellow arrow firmly lodging itself in his chest. He soon closed his eyes, as his planes began to dissepear to dust and his body began to plummit to the ocean surface. Akagi's own injuries soon caught up and she also fell to the ocean surface, Enterprise shook off her shock and soon extened her hands to the two falling bodies. Her hands would only touch air as two splashes in the water signaled the failed attempt, and as she looked into the ocean a tear soon fell from her cheeks into the depths bellow.