Chapter 2

I'm evil to the core, what I shouldn't do I will, they say I'm emotional, what I want to save I'll kill.

-Twenty One Pilots, Fairly Local

-

-

-

-

Carmen's Pov.

I finally arrived home and went directly into the shower. I knew Julie wasn't home, she was probably still in her classes. I sent her a quick text, telling her I was home, and hopped into the shower. I let the hot water run down my body. It felt good to let my shoulders droop and back slouch. My muscles relaxed after the long day and I sighed.

I washed my body and hair and then got out of the shower. I put on my pajamas shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I brushed my nappy, wet hair when my phone vibrated on the sink.

Julie: won't be back at the apartment tonight. I went home with Luke ;)

A smile crept on my face and I shook my head. Julie has been crazy about Luke since high school. That blue eyed boy was crazy and hard headed. I honestly don't know what Julie sees in him, but it must be something worth it.

I texted her back, saying goodnight and that I love her too, and exited the bathroom. I walked into my room and put my phone on the charger.

I plopped down on my bed and laid bed. I closed my eyes and rubbed at my temples.

"Who the fuck are you, princess?"

I swallowed at the memory. Harry seemed dangerous and completely insane. The way he beat that man was absolutely ruthlessly and had me wishing I never even witnessed such a thing. Hopefully, not only did I save that man from further harm but I'll never see that green eyed devil again. The brutality in his eyes along with the emptiness was frightening to see.

"You have know idea what you just got yourself into, princess."

I shook him out of my head and turned on my tv. I began watching reruns of Chasing Life when my phone rang. I reached over and pulled my phone off the charger. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was my older, and only, brother, Terence.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey, I just wanted to see how your first day of college went. My babysis is growing up I'm so proud."

I smiled at my brother thoughtfulness and rolled my eyes at his dramatic level.

"Pretty good, actually. Not as bad as you described."

"I was just teasing, Carmen." Terence laughed. "College isn't very scary at all. Just try not to fall behind."

"Thank you for your encouraging words, Terence." I got up from my bed and stretched my arm. I walked into the kitchen, looking for something to eat.

"Anytime." I could practically see his smile. "Did Dad called, yet?"

"No," I frowned. "I don't think he's gonna call."

I could clearly hear my brother's sad sigh and I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled out a pickle from its jar.

"I'll call him if you want."

"No, don't. If he doesn't want to talk to me than...whatever." I said as I bit into my pickle. The crunch was so loud I was positive Terence heard it over the phone.