Flames Dieing, Smoke Rising

(The picture at the top is a joke lol)

Kai woke up, the sky was dark yet calm. The stars shined a vibrant glow, Kai got out of bed. Weirdly peckish, he walked out the sleeping quarters and out to the kitchen where he dug through the cabinets. Searching for something that would satisfy his inevitable hunger. Kai found some leftovers from last night's dinner and warmed it up in the microwave, waiting impatiently. It was unusual for Kai to get up at night just for food,  that was more of Cole and Jay's thing. But Kai? He placed his warmed up lasagna on the kitchen table and ate it, Kai shivered and felt his body heat grow stone cold. He was utterly shocked and ran to the restroom, he looked at himself in the mirror to see the fire in his eyes slowly fade. He became more and more worried, but yet again he became hungry. Kai felt like he would starve to death if he didn't eat at that moment, and so once again he scavengered through the kitchen.

This had gone on for a couple of weeks now. 4 to be exact, all of the team members  noticed Kai's werid midnight wake-ups. So they set up cameras in every room hoping to find some answers, something werid about Kai was that his power would suddenly disappear at night, and would come back at sunrise. But over time Kai's power got so weak that when he tried using it, only little sparks would show up in his hands. This made Kai lose ALL of his self esteem and made grumpy, lazy, and overall. Just not himself, everyone noticed. Mostly Cole, Kai was his crush, and if anyone was to know when something was wrong with Kai, Cole would know.

*Knock Knock Knock* "Hey Kai! It's me Cole! Can I enter?" Kai had his back to the door. Though he shared the room with the guys, he would always lock the door after everyone got out. "No! Go away." Kai groaned annoyed, "You know what? That's it Kai! I'm done with you shutting everyone out! If you don't open this door right now, I will literally break it open Kai Smith!" Cole yelled, "what?! No you can't do that!" Kai moved away from the door, "oh you bet I can! And I will!" Cole said with a stubborn tone. The door crashed down and Cole walked inside, Kai not in sight. But he clearly didn't  escape, since his window was closed shut. "Kai, come out from under the bed. I can hear you crying!" Cole bugged. Kai stayed silent, the last thing he wanted to do was embarrass himself infront of the guy he crushed on. "Do you promise to not yell at me...?"  Kai asked softly, yet shyly in a way. "Of course Kai, I have no reason to yell at you." Cole smiled softly, Kai slowly rose up from under bed sitting on the floor, his shoulders touching with Cole.

After Kai opened up to Cole on what was going on with him, Cole hugged him and said. "No matter what happens, you'll always be the fire ninja to me. You power isn't the only thing that makes you, well you." Cole smiled and pulled away from Kai, butterflies grew in stomach as Kai smiled back and hugged him, resting his head on Cole's shoulder.