Chapter 7: [UPDATED] The Other Side of the Coin

Start from the beginning

Glynda: "Correct. We do have limits though. We only ever had someone have a rocket or a grenade launcher once. Ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of their life."

What an idiot.

Glynda: "But besides those limitations, they're free to do whatever as long as it's in the realm of possibility. There won't be any weapon/gun hybrids. Someone already asked about that..."

Hm. Well. I wouldn't need to do that. Tex is all I need. That rifle has put down some giant animals in seconds. It's very old looking though. Obviously I keep it clean and sparkly but the actual weapon looks like a western movie prop. But it acts FAR from a prop.

Pyrrha gets out of her seat and brings over a stapled stack of papers with images and a shit ton of words on it. God just looking at it is making me bored.

Pyrrha: "Here you are Ms Goodwitch."

Glynda takes the stack of papers and puts them into a folder with the classroom number on it. Pyrrha immediately takes my hand and looks at her again.

Pyrrha: "Can he come over to our table? We have all our stuff finished!"

I look over to Glynda and she makes eye contact with me. She sighs and nods to her. Pyrrha thanks her and pulls me over to her group at the table. I don't see Ren or Nora, just Jaune and the two sisters.

Seeing Yang and Ruby up close fills me with...sadness. Not even anger anymore. Seeing both of them here at this school shows that Mom and Dad put a lot of love into these two.

Guess there wasn't enough for a third.

Reed: "Where's Ren and Nora?"

Jaune: "Over at the computers. Nora is currently putting Ren through the patience gauntlet. I think I would've shot myself at this rate if I were him."

Hmm...agreed.

Pyrrha: "So tell us a bit about yourself Reed! We don't know much honestly."

Yeah just say my name next to Ruby and Yang why don't you...

Reed: "I don't remember much from my younger years. It's sort of repressed. But I've lived with those two girls and their family for awhile now. And I love the outdoors. I have this rifle at home, Tex, and she's a beauty. Anytime we wanted dinner and didn't have anything left in the fridge, I always volunteered to hunt. It gave me an excuse to sit out in the forest and use Tex. It's relaxing and quiet and that's what makes it so fun."

Jaune: "You live with those two? For awhile? You don't look much like them. What's with that?"

How am I gonna pull this off...

Reed: "My parents were arrested for a crime that to this day I'm still not fully aware of. But I don't think I care enough to fully investigate it. I was young so it doesn't mean much anymore..."

I can feel Rubys gaze from my right. I have my contacts on...so I should be okay for at least a little bit. And I hope this little story is enough for them to believe.

Pyrrha: "Awww...I'm really sorry to hear that Reed. But you know...we have a gun range where we occasionally test out weapons for class. Maybe we could see you use Tex in there? That would be awesome!"

From the corner of my eye I can see Yang look sort of angry at what Pyrrha said. Is she trying to be protective of me...?
.
.
.
Yang POV:

Don't flirt with my brother you slut...I don't need him to be hurt by more of us...

Reed: "Hm. Maybe. That could be fun. I've had the thing for a long long time now. Maybe the targets here will need an upgrade to handle my performance. But we'll need to wait anyways. I think Ozpin has sent some people over to this cabin I stay in sometimes to get my stuff over here."