Chapter twenty-three || What to wear

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲 

"Maybe this was a bad idea." I speak up as I'm rummaging through my closet to find something to wear. 

Why would I agree to go on a date with him? With nothing to wear, not to mention I have never been anywhere without the boys, and I'm still not sure how I feel about Nathan. This whole situation was a bad idea, letting him back in, letting him move in. Yet I caved so easily to it. 

Nate's head pops up behind the bathroom door where he's been for almost an hour. "Quit worrying you are going to have fun, and the boys will be fine with Val." 

"It would help if you told me where we are going?" I'm not sure why he insists our destination be a secret. The first time he did something like this I not only found out, but I enjoyed every moment of the date. If he's worried I'll hate it I can assure him already that I won't. 

He shakes his head, goes back into the bathroom to finish getting ready. How am I supposed to pick an appropriate outfit when I have no clue where we're going? Leaving this date entirely up to him was a bad idea, why did I agree to it? 

Peaking my head into the bathroom Nathan is styling his hair the way I like it, he's dressed in a nice pair of jeans, and a nice grey shirt. He looks like he stepped off the cover of a magazine. Nathan spots me out of the corner of his eyes. "Like what you see?" He asks with a smirk on his face. He then takes a deep breath and speaks again, "you will find something. It doesn't have to be too fancy just be you." He kisses my forehead. "I'll go see what the boys are up too and leave you to it." 

Great now I'm completely lost on what to do. I haven't been on a date since college, and even then dates were never something I liked dressing up for. Having no clue what to wear I text for some advice. 

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

Sending the message, I wait not so patiently for a response. How do these things come so easily to Nathan? 

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞?

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲: 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭...𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞.

Aria sends about a billion explanation points and the confetti, and thumbs up emoji's as well. 

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲: 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫.

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

Minutes later my phone starts ringing, accepting the call the phone is faced towards Aria who is sitting on a bed. "Mom it's Abby!" My mom comes on the screen she's halfway done with Ellie's hair. "You're going on a date?" 

"Yes. And I have no clue what to wear that's why I called." 

They think on it for a moment. "Do you still have that navy blue dress?" Shaking my head I say, "gave it to Aria last summer." Mom nods focusing on my closet behind me. "What about the green one with the white spots on it?" 

Grabbing the dress she mentioned and holding it up to me. I haven't grown any since I last wore it, so it should fit me. "I'll be right back." Placing my phone on the bed I go to the bathroom to change. Catching snippets of their conversation. 

"A date how exciting!" Mom says, "she will look good in anything sh wears." Aria replies. And even though I can't see my mom from where I'm at I just know she's nodding her head to every word that Aria says.