What was so amusing to him?

"Home?" He whispered and approached me, still smiling.

"Can you stay put so I can tend to your injury?" I asked and grabbed the box. I opened it and took out a ball of cotton and a bottle of antiseptic.

"Yes, Mommy," he said and I gulped at the deep tone he used.

I heard about partners having a daddy kink but the way he had said that word made my body feel hot. I snapped out of my thoughts and put some of the antiseptics on the cotton then moved closer to him. I reached up to his face but he was too tall and my hand wasn't at a comfortable angle. I sighed and stood on my tip toes.

"Shortie," he said and grabbed my hips then lifted me onto the counter.

All these happened so fast that I became shocked. But recovered when he hissed, probably from carrying me. I shook my head and started to wipe his cheek. He barely flinched while I cleaned his bruise.

"How did this happen to you?" I whispered and swallowed when I felt his large hands on my thighs, rubbing circles on my skin.

"It doesn't matter," he replied and I looked into his eyes.

"Lucas, tell me. I want to know," I said, pouting. I saw his eyes go to my lips and his hands on my thighs inched closer to my hips.

"You want to know what I do?"

"If you kill people for a living, I'll be moving out right this instant," I said and he chuckled and then came closer to me.

His strong arms went around my waist and his breath fanned my face. I placed my hands on his broad shoulders and looked between his parted lips and darkened eyes.

"No, I don't murder people. I just got into a fight, it's all."

"With who?" I asked and he sighed.

"Let's not talk about this now," he said dismissively and I knew there was no coaxing him to speak.

"Whatever," I said and pushed him away then got down from the counter. I tossed the cotton and bottle of antiseptic on the counter and started to walk away.

Before I could get out of the kitchen, I was dragged back and pressed up against his strong body. His hands were holding my hips and his face was so close to mine. I could feel every ridge of his body and how warmth his skin felt under the thin material of my clothes.

"I'll show you, I promise but it's too dangerous. I can't bring you into this part of my life. I know you're worried for me but what I do and what brought me these bruises isn't something I want you to experience," he whispered and cupped my cheek then angled my head.

"I'm not weak. Show me what a day in your life is," I said and he smiled.

"You make most of my days. I'm just a plain guy with no idea of what his future will be like. But each day, I thank the heavens for your existence."

I felt woozy and good at his words. Was he confessing his feelings or was I overthinking things?

When Lucas leaned forward, I did the same and parted my lips. I clutched his shirt and held my breath when his lips brushed mine. In the next second, he pressed his cold lips against mine and I felt like I had melted. He parted his lips and kissed me more while running his tongue against my lips, which I opened. He dove his tongue into my mouth and kissed me deeper.