I relaxed on the couch and took in everything she said with an open mind. Maddy was right but from what I've seen in Lucas, he was not the person people label him as.

"But if it's what your heart wants, go for it. Maybe the Lucas of before isn't the Lucas of now."

I smiled at her and was about to thank her when the front door opened, revealing Lucas who had a bleeding cheek. I gasped and rushed to him. He was bent against the door and grimacing from the pain.

"What happened to you?" I asked, my eyes tracing over his body. His white shirt had dirt stains all over it. He looked as if he had been laying on the ground.

Lucas closed the door and staggered to the kitchen. I hissed and went after him. He stopped at the sink and turned on the faucet. I watched him wash his hands and when he was about to bend over the sink, he hissed and almost fell to the floor. I held his arm and pulled his heavy body close to mine.

"Fuck," he cursed under his breath.

My heart was hammering fast in fear. I have never seen him like this before and it got me worried to my bones. This made me wonder if he had been in a fight or accident and I was wondering why he wasn't at a hospital.

"Lucas, what happened to you?"

He leaned against the sink and wrapped his arms around my waist then rested his forehead against mine. I felt a familiar sensation flutter through my body and leaned into his chest, only to have him hiss and move me away gently.

I glanced at his shirt and grabbed the edges but he was quick to pull my hands off him.

"Uh, guys?"

I gasped when I heard Maddy's voice and looked up at Lucas who was staring over my head. I gulped as I did not know how he'd react to her presence.

"What is she doing here?" He asked.

"I invited her over," I replied and he looked down at me. "I'm sorry."

"Uh, Jackie. I'll leave now. I'll call you later. Bye."

I spun around to follow her but she already left. Once the door closed, I sighed and turned around to glare at Lucas who was holding his waist.

"Start talking. What happened to you!"

I noticed his bruised cheek and went over to one of the cupboards. I took out a first aid box from it and went back to Lucas. I was angry and needed answers.

"Take off your shirt," I demanded and he smirked. I could barely see his eyes since his hair covered them and I hated how hot he looked in his pained state.

"If you wanted me naked, you could have just asked nicely," he said and walked up to me.

"I'm serious, Lucas." I went around him and dropped the box on the counter. "You're making me worried."

Lucas had his back turned to me for some seconds before he faced me. He swept his hair out of his face to stare softly at me.

"You're worried about me?"

"Not only that... It annoys me how I don't even know anything about you. Here we are kissing each other and yet I don't know anything about you now you come home injured," I whined and got angry when he smiled.