The Ticking Clock

"What can I do?" Wanda asks Agatha, looking down to the floor feeling defeated. She couldn't be around anyone if this power continued to tamper with her life and cause destruction far beyond what she thought before.

"Not many options Wanda." Agatha sighs, collecting her thoughts on the possibilities that can be used for this situation. "Your powers have become a physical manifestation of everything negative and dark about yourself, your entire being however is unable to keep up a battle it wasn't trained to deal with long term."

"I need to do something Agatha please, my children need me and I've worked too hard to ensure they live good lives."

"There is one possibility but if anything we're to go wrong you would be on all levels of your existence crippled." Agatha tells her with a concerned look on her face.

"What?"

"Lobotomy." She tells her, Wanda's eyes widen before looking down at her hands and running them anxiously through her hair.

"You mean -"

"We would disconnect that area of your brain from your powers permanently using enchanted surgical tools for the job. I know people for the job but you must be willing to trust them."

"Why are you helping me Agnes?"

"I made mistakes Wanda, long ago I wanted nothing more than to have the power of the Scarlet Witch in the palm of my hand till I witnessed her true power and realized I would've destroyed myself from being her." Agatha tells her, thinking back to her times being corrupted by the powers of the Darkhold before she destroyed the book.

"It's all my fault, I should've listened to Magneto and just used them instead of trying to play pretend like some barbie doll." Wanda stiffens a angry cry, feeling enraged her adoptive father had been right about her since the start.

"Wanda we all have choices, you shouldn't be upset you chose a life that made you personally happy. But if we have a chance to fix this than we must do this whole there's still time." Agatha tells her, picking up Wanda off her seat and summons her away towards the Illuminati Headquarters.

"She's heading our way, shut the entire facility down Dr.Palmer." Reed tells the redhead doctor as she goes on the intercom and alerts all staff to evacuate the facility with alarms and sentry bots escorting everyone out.

"What now Richards?" Christine asks as she walks with the stretchy doctor, people passing by them.

"Head to the med lab, prepare to start operational procedures on Maximoff right away." He commands her, Christine parting ways with Reed as he heads down to the council room to see the others there.

"Everyone set?" He asks his team members, everyone nodding their heads as Xavier motions forward to him.

"He'll be arriving as well, it's inevitable Erik will intervene in this event." The elderly telepath tells Reed quietly.

"Let's just hope he comes too late then." Reed optimistically states.

"She's arriving now." Carol tells them as she pulls up holographic footage of Agatha and Wanda arriving in the center of HQ.

"There's no turning back now." Ghost Rider warns his team members.

"Nobody enters and leaves this facility, the multiverse is depending on us." Reed says, looking over to Iron Man.

"Friday activate doomsday shields." Iron Man tells his AI as a large blue energy bubble completely encloses the entire facility.

"Sue." Reed presses on his com.

"Reed, don't-"

"I love you, tell the kids I'll be late to dinner again." He tells his wife before hanging up, ready to face his greatest threat yet.

"Let's go stop doomsday." Carol proclaims.

*DUN DUN*