Yoongi: Emetophobia (Part 2)

"So you're saying that you have emetophobia?" Hoseok gazed worriedly into Yoongi's eyes, to which the older one turned red. "Yeah, I guess, and honestly, it's normally not much of a problem, but this," he gestured to the spot of his hand where there once was Jungkook's vomit, "this really triggers me."

"I see," Hoseok nodded, thinking. "Don't tell the others though, it's embarrassing," Yoongi added. "How about another member? I can't really help you that much if you keep it between the two of us," Hoseok suggested. "Jimin, maybe?" Yoongi mumbled, fiddling with his hands as he continued scrubbing it, but Hoseok stopped him.

"Sorry, but you're going to make your own hands bleed if you continue it," Hoseok said. "Oh, also, are you going to avoid Jungkook or something? Because you most certainly wouldn't want to catch it."

"I have to help him though-" Yoongi began protesting, but Hoseok cut him off. "Nope, your health comes first. Besides, there's everyone else, isn't there? You could rest in another room or something else." Yoongi nodded in agreement, deciding to leave the matter in Hoseok's hands -- he didn't know what to do, to be honest, but the least he wanted to have was to get the flu.

"Let's get some rest," Hoseok decided. "We still have practice tomorrow."

***

Now, Yoongi was rather frightened, having a huge risk of getting the flu himself.

Just two hours ago, at four in the morning, Yoongi woke up to Jungkook vomiting right beside him (Hoseok and Jimin hadn't managed to find Yoongi another room to sleep in, since it was obvious that they were all cramped up in the same room for they lived in a tiny dorm). Yoongi had probably been so stressed out since he usually wouldn't wake up to the loudest noise -- not even when Taehyung was shouting about Jimin taking his pancakes, but that was something else.

Yoongi had eyed everyone and waited for a solid five seconds before he decided that he had to help Jungkook himself. The others were tired, perhaps, for they all were snoring, except for a distressed Jungkook, who was extremely desperate to get the vomit away from him, but the maknae struggled absolutely horribly, for he didn't even have the strength to get off the bed himself.

Four minutes later, the rest of the members were awake due to the commotion, but it was only at that moment that Yoongi realized that he had been in contact with Jungkook's puke. And this was a huge matter because it meant scrubbing his hands again (to the point where he made them bleed) and getting anxious for the rest of the time about whether he would get the flu or not.

Hoseok and Jimin tried their best to comfort him, while subtly hiding from the other members that Yoongi had emetophobia. Yoongi was still stressed, but as their alarm clock rang loudly and signaled a new day, he had to force himself to throw everything away (at least, he had to try). So the day started, with practice being early in the morning. And guess what? Yoongi was just the member to be assigned as Jungkook's caretaker. Just great. Hoseok and Jimin kept glancing at him worriedly before they left, but Yoongi tried to reassure them that he definitely would be fine.

Definitely not.

After cleaning Jungkook from the vomit twice and sending him to bed, Yoongi was nothing but exhausted. He almost fell asleep on the sofa when he jolted up as an unusual pain stabbed at his stomach, indicating nausea. And Yoongi was alarmed -- he thought he'd be lucky enough to not catch the flu, but this situation seemed to prove him wrong. He swallowed deeply, almost tasting breakfast at the very back of his throat.

Yoongi was so, so glad to hear the doorknob click and for Hoseok and Jimin to walk inside. "W-where are the others?" Yoongi barely managed to ask, his face white and pale, being close to a panic attack. "Are you okay, hyung?" Jimin asked him. "The others are outside having tea since instructor-nim let us off early today! I was thinking of playing board games with everyone, maybe also Jungkook if he felt better -- but really, are you okay?"

"I think- I think I may have caught the flu," Yoongi admitted, his head lowered as he watched Hoseok and Jimin exchange worried glances. He didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve for his members to be so loving towards him, and he didn't deserve for them to be concerned about him.

"Hyung," Hoseok said, "what symptoms do you have?"

"Nausea, and also stomach pain," Yoongi tried to feel his body properly. "Um, also a pretty bad headache, I guess?" Jimin frowned worriedly, heading to grab a thermometer while Hoseok spoke to Yoongi. "Hyung, if these symptoms are here, I think it's quite clear that you've caught the flu."

Yoongi shook his head. "But I can't, Seok, you know I can't. I'll freak out, I'll panic and I'll mess up and I'll puke all over you guys and-"

"Hey, hey, calm down," Hoseok rubbed Yoongi's back in an attempt of comforting the older one. "It's okay to not be okay, hyung. We all get sick sometimes. It's not your fault. Besides, you've worked so hard taking care of Jungkookie already. Let us take on the job for once."

Yoongi hesitantly nodded as Jimin came back with a thermometer. "38.7 degrees," Jimin announced as soon as he pulled the thermometer out of Yoongi's ear. "That's not exactly great..." Hoseok murmured to himself. "Seok, I-" Yoongi turned green, clutching his stomach as he widened his eyes.

"Oh my gosh, hyung, do you need to be sick?!" Jimin cried, immediately grabbing the nearest trash can and putting it under Yoongi's chin, waiting for the second oldest to vomit, but Yoongi simply clamped a hand over his mouth, shaking his head, and that's when Hoseok and Jimin both came to a realization -- Yoongi was trying not to throw up as best as he could.

"Hyung, we need to get the bacteria and germs and whatever out of your system, okay? Or else you'll just be really uncomfortable and unwell all day," Hoseok coaxed. Yoongi shook his head again, his eyes watering. "I-I'm sorry, Seok," he said in a hoarse voice. "It's too much... I just can't, I really can't."

"Hyung, please, let it out. You won't get better like this," Jimin stroked Yoongi's hair gently. "Please, do it for yourself, do it for us, okay?"

Yoongi barely managed a nod, opening his mouth and gagging, but not managing to let anything out. This routine went by for ten minutes until Yoongi was so distressed that he began to cry, ignoring the other two who were trying to soothe him, for nausea seemed to be forever present and he just couldn't get rid of it.

"Hyung, you're going to have to trust me, okay? I'm doing this to make you feel better," that's when Hoseok said seriously, and Yoongi knew what was about to happen. He heaved deeply, his body trembling from the fear and frustration.

Hoseok placed his hands around Yoongi's abdomen, nodding at Jimin before he pressed the older's stomach upwards, and finally, the vomit spilled out of Yoongi's lips as he choked slightly on his puke, tears dripping down his cheeks. He didn't stop spitting out mouthfuls of stomach acid until he knew he was done. Exhausted and traumatized, Yoongi leaned backward, resting and panting, his eyes shut and his stomach still cramping.

"Rest a bit, hyung," Jimin flashed Yoongi a warm and comforting smile. "Tomorrow will be a better day."