Chapter 10 - The Truth Comes Out

The other four soon come down and they don't look the happiest, either. I don't know if they've been somehow listening to our conversation through the in-ear piece, or maybe cameras hidden around the halls. At this point, I just wanna curl up into a little ball on the floor and not have to worry about anything. I just want to go home. I can't stand the way Jimin, Namjoon, and Yoongi are just arguing back and forth, it's giving me a headache and I want them to stop. I don't wanna start crying again, but with all of this going on, I might do just that. The others have joined Namjoon and Yoongi, but they aren't saying anything. Yet. I stopped listening to the conversation, getting lost in thought, but I wanna know what they're saying about me. I know it's nothing good, and it might not be worth hearing, but sometimes my curiosity can get the best of me, ya know?

"She's no help at all, Jimin. She just gets in the way of what we need to get done," Namjoon says.

Ouch. I wasn't expecting. I thought I was helping-maybe not an astronomical amount-but I definitely did something. I mean, killing their biggest rival was definitely more than something; finding those hostages was more than something too. I've definitely been helpful-he's just angry.

"Are you kidding me? She's done more on two missions than some of you guys have in the past year!" Jimin fumed. I've never seen him like this before, and I know why I've always thought he's so intimidating. This is just another reason to not get on his bad side.

"What the he-" Namjoon starts, but stops himself before he could finish his sentence. "She's done little to nothing for the group, Jimin. I don't know what you see in her." He argues, and it makes me feel awful. He's just.. Salty about me being the one who got to end their rival.

"Really? You must be joking," Jimin forces a laugh. I don't know what to do at this point. I don't want to start crying again, but I have a good feeling I might.

"I don't think he is," Jungkook began. "She isn't very good help. What we do isn't fit for a young girl like her."

"I don't want to hear it from you, Jeon. At least she wasn't the one that almost failed the mission because of her own stupidity," Jimin harshly scolded.

I quickly looked over to Jungkook and saw his eyes looking more glossy than usual. Was he about to cry? I know what Jimin said was out of line, but he still must be upset about it, and mentioning it must've been making it even worse on him. He puts his head down and his hair blocks my view of his eyes, but his nose gives it away and it's bright red now. I just want to give him a hug and tell him everything will be okay, but I can't. I see Taehyung make his way over to him and wrap his arm around his shoulder. He whispers something to him, but I can't tell what he's saying. They must be close friends because Jungkook only pushes himself further into his arms. Taehyung shoots Jimin a glare, but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Was what she did upstairs not enough for you? What more do you want her to do?" He questions angrily. "If you guys didn't want her you shouldn't have signed the agreement in the first place. And maybe if you guys would've thought this through, her parents would still be alive and we wouldn't have had to kill them."

In that moment, it felt like the entire world stopped spinning and I instantly still. All this time I've thought that they died in a plane crash, but no-I've been lied to my whole life. They were murdered not even a 10 minutes after I was born. I look at Jimin, and tears are slowly building up in my eyes. I don't know what to say, and I'm just standing there like an idiot. The tension in the room can practically be cut with a knife, and everyone is looking at Jimin.

"W-What?" I stutter out, my eyes wide and teary.

He doesn't say anything, and just looks back at me. It's almost as if it was the first time I ever saw them, but instead of me being practically paralyzed, it was him. He's left speechless, and so is everyone else. It's obvious I wasn't supposed to know about this. Nobody looks happy with Jimin, and it's clear why. I doubt they'd ever tell me the truth, but if they did it most likely wouldn't be in this way.
I might've never known what actually happened, but from what he said, I have a vague idea of what went on. An agreement was signed that I'd be handed over, and they had to die afterwards. I can't even imagine what my brother had to go through, and I don't want to think about the fact he may have had to watch my parents die. Maybe that's why he never really liked me-I was the reason our parents died.