Chapter 7 - Tiny Room, Big Corpse Pile

I wait for Jungkook and Hoseok to open the door, and I follow behind them. Just like I thought, someone was standing there. A loud, almost deafening noise resonated through the small room-Jungkook had shot him.
Soon, like sharks to bait, tons of other men come flooding into the room. I take off the gun's safety and start firing, as well. Though my aim was terrible, I managed to get quite a few people. Jimin and Seokjin burst into the room, their weapons ready. They continuously fired at the oncoming men. My ears were ringing loudly from all the noise, making my head hurt. However, I continued to fire at anyone and any- thing, trying my best to help and not hurt one of the members. My earpiece made a beeping noise before hearing Taehyung's voice.

"Hey, we have the rest of the hostages. We're getting them out now. Keep holding them off, we'll be in for back-up once these kids are off to the police station," He informs us out of breath, and voice shaky from running.

I go to fire my gun once again, but nothing comes out. I keep pulling at the trigger, but it's simply a clicking sound that emits from it, and not a bullet in sight. Panic sets in and more and more men come into the room. I look around in terror, there's just air coming from my weapon. I locate empty shells on the ground, but those won't be of any help to me. There's nowhere I can go, and I'm left with no way to defend myself. I'm pulled behind someone, and I let out a scream. I look up and see Jimin's soft, angelic features standing out it the dim room.

"I'll keep you safe, don't worry," He says, still firing at the infinite amount of guards coming to the room. They must have called for backup, there's no way this many people could've been littered throughout the building. Sure, it was a big warehouse, but there were so many men-at least seventy. But, that many men guarding ten people? It didn't make sense. Well, at least not to me. There could've been less before possible backup was called. '
We wouldn't even be in this situation if Jungkook didn't kill the guy guarding the door-a simple punch to the face would suffice. Any blow from him would be sure to give at least a broken nose, if not more. He was a buff guy, and obviously spent his very little time off at the gym. He may not be as large as Namjoon, but he has defined muscles.

Soon enough, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Namjoon come through the door behind us, scaring the bejeezus out of me. And fortunately, the men eventually stop coming-Yoongi getting the last one. I look around at the gruesome scene, piled-up, bloody, lifeless corpses everywhere. It made me sick to my stomach, my insides swirling around uncomfortably. I didn't know how to feel or what to do. And they were so nonchalant about it, simply eyeing the room, seeming to be extremely proud of their work. Obviously, they were used to this. I wasn't-not in the slightest.

"Good work, guys. Let's do one last walk through to see if anyone's left," Namjoon says, putting his gun back in his holster. He had stopped firing a while ago, so it shouldn't be too hot right now.

"I'll go ahead and take Y/N back to the car, she's lookin' a bit pale," Jimin offers, looking down at me. I still felt sick, the cold, deceased bodies laid out in front of me giving me a very uneasy feeling.

"Well, it's her first mission. We were all like that our first times, too," Seokjin reminds everyone. I don't know how long they've been doing this, but I know it's long enough to just be able to look at a dead body and think nothing of it. I walk off with Jimin, keeping my eyes towards the ground, letting him guide me. The dimmed hallways make me a bit nervous because I don't know if anyone is behind a box or wall, just waiting to attack.
I stumble a bit, the dizziness getting to me. Jimin says nothing, but secures his grip on me, making sure I don't topple over onto the hard concrete floor. Opening the door, the cold nighttime breeze feels wonderful on my skin-and not a corpse in sight. It's a relief to be outside of that dreadful place. I don't know why I wanted to accompany them on a mission in the first place. I had no clue this would be coming. A realization hits me; I've killed people and that's not good at all. A sense of guilt completely floods my body, entirely overpowering the feeling of nausea I once had. I stop walking, simply staring out into the distance.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Jimin's soft voice fills my ears, and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"N-No, not r-really," I confess, tears swelling in my eyes, threatening to fall down my cheeks.

"What's bothering you?" He questions, concern lingering in his voice.

"I.." I pause, "I killed people.. and I feel terrible." I sob.

"For a good reason, Y/N. They were bad people. If we didn't get them, those kids wouldn't have survived. You helped them and their families. So, don't feel bad about it," He assures, his hand finding its way on my shoulder. I feel somewhat comforted. I know I did it for a good reason, but I still feel awful-just not as bad anymore.

"Now let's get to the car. We don't want anyone seeing us," He wipes my tears for me, and it's almost like my heart started doing cartwheels.

We get in the car, and it seems like forever before the others return. I can see very little of them through the streetlights, but I can make out who's who. Namjoon was walking much faster than the others, most likely due to his long legs. However, Taehyung wasn't too far behind him, being almost as tall as his elder-simply a couple centimeters shorter. They soon reach the vehicle, and they all file in one by one. I was allowed to sit in the front just this once, so everyone else had to sit in the next two rows behind Jimin and I. He makes sure everyone has their seatbelts on before backing out of the lot.

Because there's so little traffic this late at night, it takes much less time to get back to the apartments. The car is filled with discussion of how the mission went and how it could've been better. Though Jungkook isn't fully blamed for what happened back at the warehouse, they do criticize him quite heavily for firing his weapon instead of knocking the guy out beforehand. There was also talk of another mission tomorrow, and I had absolutely no desire to join. I wonder what part of me even thought this would be a good idea. After tonight, I'm gonna have nightmares about this for weeks.