Chapter 6 - First Mission

It's been about three weeks since I got here-and it's been pretty boring. I've been stuck in this room with nothing much to do other than game and do school work. At least they gave me a console. I'd die if I had nothing else to do. I'm allowed out to get food and everything, but I have most of what I need right here in this room.
I haven't been allowed on any missions yet, and I've kinda been wanting to go. I get they're dangerous and all, but they seem fun. I hope today is the day they come and ask me. It might be the most boring thing ever, or it might be the most exciting thing-you never know.
At least I've been able to talk to Jackson and the others. They're the only thing keeping me from going insane. We always talk at weird times, though. Sometimes the only chance I get to talk to them is like three or four in the morning after they get out of school. We play together a lot too, but weekends are the times I don't have to jack up my sleep schedule so we can game.
I woke up at 4:43am, which is much earlier than I usually do. I'm usually up at this time and asleep at 6:30. So far, none of them have gone to work yet. I really want to go with them. I might die, but I'm sure they'll keep me safe from any danger. I just don't wanna end up like my parents. You know, dead. I sneak to the bathroom, trying to refrain from getting caught by one of them. I open the door and walk right into a wall. But it wasn't there before? I look up and see Namjoon standing there, staring down at my much smaller figure. I'm paralyzed by fear, my mind running through things I could have possibly done wrong in the time I have been here-but nothing comes to mind.

"Get ready. You're coming with us today," He says blankly, his arms crossed in front of his chest, making his already large biceps appear even bigger than they already were. Goodness me, I'd love it if he put me in a chokehold- wait, why am I thinking about that?

"A-Alright," I stutter, nodding. He turns, and starts down the hall. I close the door and walk over to my closet. I know they tend to wear lots of black, so I try to base my outfit off that.

 I know they tend to wear lots of black, so I try to base my outfit off that

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

This is as good as it's gonna get for now, I suppose. I grab my phone off the charger and head out the door down the hallway. They're all waiting for me, and I start to get nervous.

"You'll be staying with Jungkook and Hoseok. They'll keep you safe. Just don't leave their sight, or there will be consequences," Namjoon says to me in an almost threatening way. I nod and don't question what will happen if I do, only because of the fact I'm scared of what I might hear. They start out the door and I quickly follow behind. I know barely anything about what they do. I simply know that it's dangerous, and its no place fit for someone like me.
I stay close to JK and Hoseok, not wanting to get off to a bad start already. We enter that dreadful elevator once more, and I'm yet again stuck in the middle. I keep my eyes down at the floor, not wanting to look up and accidentally meet one of their gazes once again.

Still, I don't know where we're going. Nobody has said a word to me, and I wouldn't dare start a conversation. We're outside now, and I haven't felt a breeze on my skin in so long-a quiet sigh of relief escapes me.
Once in the car, I'm yet again stuck in the middle. This time I'm between Jungkook and Hoseok. Because of Jungkook's large and muscular build, I'm forced to squish myself as small as I can go. Though he tries to give me as much room as possible, it doesn't really work. My phone vibrates in my pocket and both their heads turn to me. I don't even avert my eyes from the spot on the back of the seats. I ignore whoever messaged me, I'll get to them later. It can't be that urgent, can it?

[time skip]

We arrive at some abandoned-looking warehouse, and they all attach these in-ear pieces. I think it's to communicate with each other from long distances, but I could be wrong. They also attach mics to the back of their pants, and run it up through their shirts. It's still dark outside, so nobody has any chance of seeing us. Seokjin hands me a mic, yet I have no clue how to put it on. Trying to copy what they did, I clip it to the back of my pants and put the earpiece where it's supposed to be. It feels.. weird. I don't like the feeling of the wire along my back, or how the earpiece coil feels on my neck. It's definitely something to get used to, though. Once I'm situated, they start walking and I follow behind.

"Remember to stay with Hoseok and Jungkook. This mission is more dangerous than we anticipated, and we can't leave you in the car unattended," Yoongi says. Again, I nod in return. I don't really talk anymore. Not that I talked much before, I'm just nervous. They're some of the most feared men in the mafia, and I see why.
We enter through a side door. It's dark, and I can barely see. A fluorescent light blinks repeatedly, providing a bit of lumination to the dark corridor. I quickly spot Hoseok and Jungkook and walk to them. After a few minutes of walking, we reached 3 entryways.

"Jungkook, Y/N, and Hoseok go left. Namjoon, Taehyung and I will go through the door ahead of us," Yoongi speaks, looking around at all of us. "Jimin and Seokjin go right. Remember, we're looking for hostages. And from what our men have reported, the place is flooded with people guarding them." We all nod, and Yoongi lifts up his right pant leg. He removes the gun from his holster and throws it to me.

"Only use that when there's no way out of the situation, and either one of them is hurt. The safety is on, so you don't have to worry about accidentally firing it and revealing our location," He continues. I have no clue how to use a gun. I guess just aim and pull the trigger? Seems easy enough..

He starts through his door, and everyone else goes to the one they were assigned. I follow Hoseok and Jungkook, going left. The room is just as dark. They both have flashlights, and are shining them around the room. Since I don't have one, I'm left to look where I can see. One light is on, and I fear going over there. I hear movement from somewhere, and whip my head to the source of sound.

"Did you guys hear that, too?" I question, my hushed voice trembling in the slightest.

"Y/N, get behind me." Jungkook says, walking towards the noise. His gun is ready, already pointing it at whatever may be there. He taps his earpiece, and begins to speak.

"Hey, we found some of 'em. But I don't think this is all of what we came here for. There's only two-and we were expected to find more than ten," He reports, looking at them, his weapon now lowered.

"If a few of them are here, this room has to be heavily guarded," Hoseok whispered. "I'll keep watch, you two untie them."

We swiftly move behind them, crouching down and unknotting the ropes around their arms. We work as quietly as possible, not wanting to alert anyone outside of the room. Once they're out of their restraints, we remove the cloth that was stuck in their mouths to quiet them. Luckily, they keep quiet. I felt awful. These kids only look about six or seven, I can't even begin to imagine what they're feeling right now

"I know you're scared right now, but this will all be over soon. We're gonna get you out of here, okay?" Jungkook reassures, helping the boy he just untied up. I help the other one up, and we turn to Hoseok for further directions.

"Let's hurry. There's a car outside waiting to take them to the police station," He instructs, still keeping his gun ready. We hurry them out, and we aren't seen by anyone.
Just like he said, a large van was right outside the door waiting. It was very obviously a police car, red and blue colored lights sitting on the roof, words on the side of the doors reading 'Incheon Police,' and an officer sitting inside awaiting our arrival. He unlocks the door, and we guide the kids into the back seat. The young girl I've been helping looks up at me and smiles. My heart almost melts, and I boost her up into the car.

"Let's get back to it," Hoseok says, shutting the door to the car. We rush back inside, heading through the same door we found the children in. I hadn't noticed before, but there was another door right beside them. I assumed someone was behind there on guard, but I wasn't so sure.