•chapter 28•

**The War Has Started**

——————————🧟‍♀️—————————
Alessia's POV.

We all waited for Rick, Hershel's, and Daryl's return from the meeting.

Merle was still on edge, worrying about his little brother. He put up a front, acting as if he had no feelings, but he did, for his little brother. I could tell, Daryl meant the entire world to the oldest Dixon.

Soon Rick, Hershel, and Daryl walked into the prison.

"What happened?" My mom said quickly.

Beth stood rocking Lori's baby back and fourth softly.

"The governor wants the prison, we are going to war." Rick said sternly.

I caught a glimpse of Daryl, his bright blue eyes locking on my green ones.

Rick took the baby from Beth.

Smiling at his daughter. It was precious, it has been a long time since I got to see Rick Grimes smile.

Beth began to sing.

Beth's voice was like an angel sent down from the heavens.

All of the fear of the world melted away as her lovely voice rung out in the prison.

Merle stood off to the side, I rolled my eyes, I could tell he was enjoying Beth's music. It was peaceful, it brought a ton of joy with it.

I walked over to Merle, "what are you doing, Suga?" Merle questioned.

"Stop being a goddamn loner, Dixon, come join the rest of us, you are one of us now." I smiled grabbing the hand he still had, leading him over to the group.

I stood in between both of the Dixon's.

Soon Rick pulled Daryl away, needing to talk to him. I would be lying if I said I wasn't ease dropping on them.

"I'm going to go look for guns tomorrow, we need to stock up if we are going to go to war." Rick whispered to Daryl.

"Okay, I'll go with yeah, then." Daryl whispered back to Rick.

"No, I need you here, watching over things, keeping an eye out on your brother." Rick replied.

"I'll take Michonne." Rick replied.

"You think that's a good idea?" Daryl asked full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm going to take Carl as well, he's ready." Rick said.

Daryl replied with a nod.

Daryl walked back over to us.

"Everything alright?" I whispered.

"Yeah, Rick is going on a run with the boy and the Samurai." Daryl said softly, trying not to interrupt Beth's singing.

I nodded softly.

Soon everyone retired to their cells.

The last thing on my mind before I drifted off into a dreamless sleep, was Daryl Dixon.

——————————🧟‍♀️—————————
Alessia's POV. (smut warning)

I woke up the next morning, Daryl seemed to be pretty stressed.

Rick, Michonne, and Carl left before I woke up.

"What's wrong?" I asked the redneck hunter quietly, my hand lightly grabbing onto his forearm.