I Love You (19)

*Second year after Law joined Donquixote Family*

Setting: Your Lab

"Law are you tired..?" You ask the little boy with a concerned smile. You watched as the small boy sat on a stole struggling to keep his head up. It was popping up and down as he always caught himself from passing out. "I-Im fine Y-Y/n-Chan.." He answered while writing down some notes.

Lately he's been asking you so many questions. This morning he asked you to start teaching him some things. "Law you can take a break.." You try to take the boys paper away but he takes it back. "Y/n-Chan Im not tired!" The boy exclaimed. You could see dark eye bags under his eyes.

The night before he studied everything you had spoke to him about. Different diseases, cancers, virus, flus and even tumors. He was in the stage of curiosity in his life. You had shown him some books and he proceeded to ask if he could study them for a bit, but you never expected him to go overboard.

"Law.. I understand you want to learn but taking breaks are just as important. All good doctors know that.." You finally take the boys books, paper and pencils away. He whined but you simply ignored it. "Why don't you go rest in my room?" You ask the little boy as he crosses his arms and pouts. You gently take the boy into your arms and kiss his forehead. "Law I want you to be healthy and have lots of rest, okay?" Your actions and words had no affect.

You smile and carry him out the door. Since your room was in the other building there was still a long way to go. Law decided to start getting comfortable and lied his head against your chest. "Momma's boy!" Baby 5 yelled from up above. She was on a balcony connected to the Donquixote family house. "Be nice baby 5, I had to do the same thing to you when you fell asleep during a ride back home after the Reagan mission." You snap back as she awkwardly looks away.

You walked inside and your room was on the first floor. You opened your door to reveal your bed and a closet. You placed Law on the bed as he was already asleep. You tucked him in and kissed his forehead once again. ".. Sweet dreams.." That was the last thing you said before heading out.

"Y/n..?" You heard Doflamingo's voice call from the stairwell. You look up to find him walking down to you. "Oh Doffy, How was the meeting? I didn't realize you got back so soon." You say in surprise as he nods. "It was short.. They wouldn't cooperate so some plans changed." He answered. This gave you the chills.

"A-ah I see.. Well I made some lunch while you were gone. The leftovers are in the fridge." You try to walk away but he called you again. "Y/n what's the rush?" He asked now towering over you. You were hesitant and didn't know what to do. "I-Im in no rush at all! Just maybe want to go back to my Lab." You answered as he thinks about it. "Have you created any new antidotes..? I may need some to sell.." He asked with his usual smirk.

You now knew what he wanted and gave him a slight glare. "Remember I only decided to travel with you because I wanted to help and discover more about the world. Not make medicines for you to sell." You reminded as he followed you out the door. He let a chuckle slip his lips.

"I guess your right.." He replied while walking beside you. "M-Mum.." You both heard a small voice say from behind you. You turn to find Dellinger looking up at the two of you. "Oh Dellinger, I was wondering where you were all day." You bend down to his height with a smile. "He's been calling you by that name lately.." Doffy commented, observing the both of you. "Yeah.. There's really nothing I can do though." You pick up the small boy and kiss his forehead.

"How was lessons with Giolla?" You ask as he lays his head against your chest. "Good.." He answered with his usual monotone voice. "Young Master-Sama! There's been something going on at shore." Machvise alarmed Doffy. Small veins started to show on Doflamingo's forehead. "Who could be causing distress at this time..?" Doffy said in frustration.

You and Dellinger both watched Doffy walk away clearly frustrated. "..Let's go see what Cora is doing." You suggest while carrying the boy. "I-I don't wanna.." The boy said in an annoyed tone. You smile down at him. "Oh come on now! Let's go see what he's up to." You begin to walk toward the dump finding Cora smoking. "Cora! What did I say about smoking?" You scold as he flinched.

He looked back at you with an innocent smile. "Mum.. I want to go back to the house.." Dellinger pleaded pulling against your shirt. He pulled far enough to where it showed some of your bra. You didn't realize it and smiled down at the boy. "Why? Are you hungry?" You ask still oblivious about the fact your bra was showing. He nods his head while continuing to pull your shirt down.

Corazon walks over to you staring down at Dellinger. You give him a puzzled look as he quickly pulls your shirt back up. Corazon scoffed at Dellinger and grabbed your arm. "C-Cora what are you doing??" You ask trying not to drop the boy.

*A couple minutes later*

Cora dragged you to the kitchen and made Dellinger sit in a baby chair. He got his notebook out and began to write something. You patiently wait while beginning to warm up Dellinger some of the leftovers. Cora slides you the paper allowing you to read it on the table. "Right now?" You ask unsure about his request. He shakes his head profusely.

"I guess we can.. After I heat up food for Dellinger then we can go out to town." You place the food in a pan and quickly reheat it. "I'm gonna get Giolla to watch over you Dell." Once you were done you placed the food on the table. "Where are you going..?" He asked in worry.

"To town with Cora. I will be back soon." You kiss the boys cheek and walk out with Cora. "I'll tell Giolla your in the kitchen." You walked out with Cora leaving Dellinger in the kitchen by himself. He was a smart child so you didn't worry much.

*In town*

"Did you really want to take me out that bad?" You ask with a chuckle. "We haven't gone on one in awhile.. I thought maybe today we could maybe get a hotel too and hang together for the night." Corazon considered with a smile. You thought about it and nodded. "We will tell Doffy we are visiting a friends house." You grab the man's hand and walk down the street with him.

*The next day*

You both had your fun the night before and were now walking back to the Donquixote house in the afternoon. "Look! It's Y/n-Chan and Cora!" Baby 5 exclaimed seeing you two from afar. You looked up the balcony to find Law, Buffalo and Dellinger standing next to Baby 5. "Y/n.." Law said while running down the stairs. He ran straight to you and looked up at you.

"Hey Law, sorry for being gone yesterday. I went to go meet a friend with Cora." You say while smiling down to the boy. He stared at you for a second and looked away. "..Oh." You could tell he sounded quite depressed.

You bend down to the boy and put both your hands on his shoulders.

"Law, I would never leave you okay..? If we ever lost paths I will always try to find you because I care about you Law." You remind to him as his eyes light up. His cheeks turned slightly pink and he walked back a bit.

"W-Whatever.." he responded while crossing his arms.

He was worried about me..? How cute..

To be continued~

(Sorry this was a filler chapter)

Word count~ 1392