[ 15 ] Intoxicated

Start from the beginning

"Just a little taste," Max begged, moving the jar in a circle in front of his face.

Ben nodded along with the boy, "don't be a wimp."

"No."

"Oh, come on. Two sips," Minho begged. His face leaned closer along with the others. Thomas, fed up with their agonizing behavior, shoved them out of his personal space and snatched the jar out of Ben's hand. In a solid motion he downed the containments, slurping up every drop of the concoction. He hit his chest, coughing immediately after he finished.

"There you go!" Max cheered, high-giving the two other boys with bright smiles.

Minho looked intently to see the brunet's reaction. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"It was."

"Nah," Max dismissed, "I know you liked it. You want another?"

Thomas shook his head, but as the night went on the alcohol started to settle in his body, making him smile without a care in the world. He started accepting the boy's requests for another drink, and in the next hour he had drunk a total of three glasses, all filled with the same bitter liquid.

It was safe to say he would get a good night's rest. Max on the other hand, well, for the moment he was on babysitting duty.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Evony, Alby and Newt stood in a circle, three very different expressions on their faces. She was concerned; sentimental. Alby was triggered and annoyed, and Newt looked to be full of guilt. The fire flickered in their eyes as the sound of glader music filled their ears. It was another casual bonfire night, except this time it was without the arrival of a new greenie. There was a sort of atphosmere that hung over everyone at the fact, but she could tell they all were trying to ignore it.

"It's the third time it's happened," the blonde explained to them, "Every night, like clockwork, he wakes up screaming or crying."

Evony was biting on her fingernails, thinking through what the possibilities of the nightmares could mean. Alby, unfortunately, didn't seem to think it was much to worry about at the moment. She could tell by the way he rolled his eyes at Newt's tense behavior. "So the poor boy has scary dreams. Tell him to grow up. It's not our fault his mama isn't here to dry his tears."

"This has been happening for a week," Newt defended, "I've had nightmares, nothing like these though. Alec said it felt like it had actually happened; that he was there living the torture."

"What were they about?" Evony asked. She wanted to know; maybe there was a situation she could connect back to that might've spiked the night terrors.

"Being trapped in the maze."

Alby crossed his arms, looking off to the fire and the boys who were beating repeatedly on the drums. "Plenty of us have these, what makes this any different?"

Newt clenched his jaw; Evony could see the frustration taking place on his entire body. She didn't know, but she could understand what he felt like. To not have somebody believe you even when you're telling the truth was awful. There were a couple times where something like that had happened to her too. Like during the meeting that was held after Thomas rescued her. That made her loathful.

"I know something's wrong." Newt glanced over to her; she saw the solemn expression on his face. In that moment she realized just how much he cared for the boy. How much the holding hands and protective nature meant he truly wanted him safe.

She figured it was in the same type of way she cared for Thomas.

"I believe you," Evony reassured, "My advice would be to stay with him. If it only happens at night then be there for him; make him feel safe."