Fire Burns.

"Get the kids out here!" Zane hollered. Kai was battling the serial killer with Jay, the sky was a gloomy gray as Ambulance sirens rang through Kai's ears. Blocking the noise of the others voices. Kai shot fire fiercely from his hands, feeling as they might just melt off. His fire shot everywhere, setting buildings and vehicles into flames. "KAI STOP!" Lloyd yelled to from the other side of the street, Evacuating the people. "I'M TRYING! I CAN'T CONTROL IT!" Kai screamed in pain. He felt his body heat rise and his hands start to burn. Jay ran in the middle of the fire. "JAY MOVE OUT THE WAY!" Kai warned, when Jay noticed that Kai wasn't in control of his fire. His eyes widened in fear as the fire came closer to him. *BANG!* Kai's fire stopped and he felt a sharp pain coming from the bone of his shoulder, he looked back to see the grinning murderer holding a gun. Aimed at Kai's shoulder, blood gushed from his shoulder paralyzing it. Yet no one seemed to care about the fire elemental. "JAY!" Nya cried out, running to him worried. Jay laid unconscious on the smoove pavement of the road, he had painful looking burns all on the side if his face, the fire luckily didn't reach any further than past his nose. But it still didn't make Nya feel any better about the situation. She couldn't believe her own flesh and blood had almost killed the love of her life. Anger took over as she formed her elemental dragon, taking Jay with her and heading to the Monastery. Everyone followed, leaving Kai hurt in the middle of the gory crime scene.

An Hour Later

Kai had gone to the hospital to get treatment for his shoulder and Jay, coming home an hour later. He walked through the Monastery doors and everyone stared at him, he felt judgement from the disappointed looks they gave him. "Where have you been?" Zane questioned, Generally curious. "Probably out doing something reckless. Like always!" Nya glared at Kai, Kai felt surprised, but also hurt to realize that Nya had put full blame on him for what had happened to Jay on the mission. "Nya look I'm sorry! I-, l didn't mean to hurt him..-" Kai's voice cracked, he felt the need to cry but held back his tears regardless. He had always been good at hiding his emotions, so it seemed like he didn't really care to much. "Sure it was an accident! You 'accidently' give Jay 3rd degree burns? Yeah sure, like I would believe you! Ever since me and Jay started dating you've been more protective and rude to him!" "Nya-" Kai tried to speak but instantly got cut off. "No Kai! I don't care. What you did was wrong and to be completely honest, I hate you for it! You're so Overprotective and cocky all the time!" When Nya finished talking she slapped her hands on her mouth realizing what she had said to her older brother, who had cared and protected her from harm when no one else would. "Nya calm down!" Cole snapped, Lloyd hugged Nya calming her. Kai felt a warm tear trail down the side of his cheek and snuck into his room. Wiping his tears, he thought about everything that Nya said, and cried. Kai was never open to his feelings, so to catch him crying would be very rare. He looked out his window, there was a beautiful view of Ninjago. He smiled at the sight, he heard yelling from outside, It sounded like Cole. Curiously he peaked from his door to see Cole arguing with Lloyd while Zane placed a special oil on Jay's burns. "It wasn't Kai's fault! Instead of leaving him guilty you should let me talk to him!" Cole protested. "No Cole! You must leave Kai to face the consequences of his actions, he will have to learn that not everyone will be by his side when he messes up." Lloyd argued back. Kai was heartbroken to see that Cole was the only one to really know what had happened. Kai sighed and looked back to his window, gently closing his door. He looked at the sight of Ninjago City before making up his mind and escaping from his window. Feeling as if he didn't belong.