Shadows

As Veronica verified Jason's location, she noticed he started moving, getting the feeling that something bad might go down, she decided to wait and then follow. "From the club to the docks?" She asked to herself, she was worried and scared of losing him once again, so she took matters in to her own hands, took an extra phone that Grayson had in his apartment for emergency to keep track and headed out the door.

She knew that apart from what Jason had said to her, he was hiding something more than just being wanted by the police or his enemies. Veronica took matters in to her own hands, she was curious, she needed to know what her and Jason were getting themselves in to.

Veronica arrived at the docks and immediately felt a cold breeze, making her shiver. Everything was dark and she moved with caution, aware of her surroundings following Jason's location. She cautiously got on top of one of the containers to get a clear view, until a conversation between two men cough her attention.

"The deal isn't happening.." A tall man stood in the shadows just below where Veronica was hiding, she tried to be as quiet as possible, but she heard what the other man said and she had to move fast. "We kill Red Hood after the "deal", he's becoming too much of a problem." The  other man finished with an evil smirk on his face as he lit his cigarette.

After the conversation Veronica just heard, she didn't hesitate and started to think of a plan, she got up and slowly started jumping from one roof to another until she saw Jason. "Fuck.. there's too many." She thought to herself as she looked around, thinking of a plan that could save Jason. She was alone, without the Titans and against a group of dangerous drug dealers. It made her overwhelmed, but the thought of Jason dying again haunted her.

Veronica got down from the container and slowly approached two armed men who were standing in the corner, it was the perfect target for her, as they were not in sight from what was really happening. She tried to be as quick and silent as possible, she had a plan and she was going by it.

She sneaked behind the guards, knocking them both unconscious and took their guns, she was getting closer to where the deal was happening near the river and saw a black car arrive. Jason turned around with both arms on his guns and walked slowly towards the black car.

A middle aged man with black hair got out of the car and started conversing with Jason, but Veronica was too far away to listen, she held the gun tight as she approached but little did she know, a man was approaching her from behind. "You seem lost." The man said to her, making her turn around slowly to face him.

She took a step back, trying to see his face clearly but it was too dark and her vision started to blur and with the little strength she had, Veronica pointed the gun at the man in front of her, but he only laughed at her. Once again, Veronica felt the same cold breeze from before and it paralyzed her, it was like her body wasn't in control. She couldn't see clear, she felt like her energy was being sucked out and she was slowly drifting away, dropping her gun, but not until she shot the trigger, missing her target.

"What the fuck was that?" Jason and the man he was talking to said in union as they heard the gun shot, by then the man he was conversing with got in his car and left, leaving Jason behind with the rest of his men.

Veronica's POV

Here I was, holding the gun tightly in my hands, waiting for something to go down, but then I heard a voice, "You seem lost.. " a voice that sounded so familiar, yet it's face I couldn't make. I slowly turn around, my body shaking, as if it recognized  it's owner, I couldn't see his face nor move, I was completely paralyzed, I pointed my gun at him, but he only let out a laugh that sent a shiver down my spine. 

My body was giving up, as if it was being controlled by the fear, I remember feeling like this the day my parents died, but after so many years feeling this again, it made me feel like something was terribly wrong, my vision was becoming blurrier by the second and I shot the trigger trying to get myself together, but the man was no longer there. 

"W-what the hell.." I said as I slowly got myself back together, rubbing the back of my head because of the headache I was having,  trying to make sense of what just happened and little did I realized that pulling that trigger was a big mistake. "Fuck.." I whispered to myself, I could hear voices coming my way, so I had to run like hell. 

As I ran for dear life, I had this feeling that Jason was never in trouble. It was just a trap, for me. I got lost, trying to escape, there were armed men everywhere and I was hoping that Jason found me first. "There you are.." A man got in front of me and tried to grab me, I threw a punch to his face but the guy dodged it and grabbed me by the collar, throwing me to the ground and pointed his gun at me. 

Suddenly, the guy that was about to kill me got shot in the head and fell to the ground. I stared in shock, it reminded me of my parents all over again and I hated thinking about that night. "Veronica what the fuck.." Jason said as he held out  a hand for me to grab on and got up.

"Can we talk about this later and get out of here first?" I spoke without hesitation, hearing more voices and men getting closer to finding us, I thought that if this was my chance on saving Jason from anything it would be now.  I couldn't see Jason's expression down that Red Hood persona, I could feel and tell he was mad either way , but he had no time to complain or even curse at me, whatever he was going to yell he could yell it later.

"Get back and follow my lead." He said letting his anger aside and holding his gun. He knocked a few that got in our way and we made it to his motorcycle, the whole ride felt like a rush to me, but feeling the warmth of his back once again made me remember how much I missed and needed him in my life.  "Where are we going?" I asked Jason as we passed the apartment, but he said nothing and kept his silence ignoring me completely. 

To be continued..

To anyone reading, thank you :) hope you enjoy. Update soon.