An old friend

Three day's had passed by and Grayson left to find someone who could help Veronica with her new found powers she had yet to discover herself, meanwhile Gar and Jason were doing some research on Gotham's new found threat. "Holy shit, it's him!" Gar shouted at the screen and then turned to face Jason, who's eyes were still glued to the man on the screen. "I wonder if Bruce knows he's back.." Jason spoke as he took a step back from the screen and took out his phone to make a call.

"Hey! There you are, Kori is been looking for you!" Veronica said to Gar as she entered the lab and turned  towards Jason who was in a call at the moment, far enough so the conversation wasn't heard, meanwhile Gar took that chance to close all the tabs due to panic. "Yeah I just finished, also I think Rachel's calling me.." Gar said nervously as he got up, then with a  fake smile left waving at Jason and Veronica.

"What was that?" Veronica asked Jason who just had finished his call, he placed his phone in his pocket and walked over to her, suddenly embracing her in his arms. "Things just got even more complicated.." He spoke, making her break away from the hug to face him, concern in her eyes. "How complicated?" She asked, but Jason wasn't going to involve her on this one, not yet, he wanted to help her first and leave Gotham for later, he had called Bruce for that very reason.

"Why don't we figure out whatever it is that's going on with you, gods, curse and evil shadow man? I mean, I knew you were a badass.." Jason joked as he tried avoiding the question, which he successfully did.

"I mean, yeah that is complicated and I hope Dick comes with answers or at least something.. " Veronica spoke now facing the ground, she was feeling different in a way,  all was too confusing for her, how could she had lost such a memory or even be oblivious of a power she didn't even knew she had, not having a clue that she could do so much more with those dreams, that they were just a camouflaged of her real true powers.

"And if he doesn't come with the answers, I'll help you find them." Jason spoke with reassurance and smiled at Veronica, having him by her side again made her feel hopeful, Jason on the other hand was fighting his own demons. 

|Later that evening|

The doors to the tower opened revealing Grayson and he wasn't alone. Standing by his side was none other than Donna Troy, it's been  one year and two months since she's been on her own, but Grayson told her about Veronica, finding her story intriguing as it reminded her of one she had heard a long time ago.

"Donna!" Gar, Rachel and Veronica said in union with smiles on their faces as they saw the duo walking in, Donna smiled at the three of them and walked over to Veronica. " Dick told me everything, we're going to figure this out." Donna said to her giving her a long hug before letting go. "So, where is he?" Donna asked looking around for Jason.

"I'm right here.." Jason spoke as he walked in to the living room and stood next to Veronica. "So, I heard from Dick that you're trying to fix all the mess you've made in the past two years.." She spoke, curious to what Jason had to say. "This is not about me.." Jason responded avoiding the conversation and turned his gaze towards Veronica.

"Alright, then we can talk about this later, but first I need to be alone with Veronica and Rachel." Donna spoke looking at Veronica then turning to Rachel, both girls looked at each other confused but agreed. "Jason and Gar, I need you guys to meet me at the training room in ten minutes." Grayson spoke to the both of them, Jason rolled his eyes in annoyance, but had no choice, the least he could do is follow some orders, after all, Grayson wanted to see if he was serious about getting back with the team.

Donna, Veronica and Rachel went their way, while the rest prepared themselves for a training session with Grayson, and right before Kori had arrived, just in time before Grayson had left the living room . "Hey! Where's Veronica?" Kori asked, looking around, eyes searching around, she seemed worried and in a hurry, but Grayson avoided the thought and responded. "She's with Rachel and Donna, where were you?" He asked, curious as to why she was out without reporting to anyone.

"Donna's here? Thank God!" She spoke with a sigh of relief and left to meet the girls, Grayson stood confused but decided to speak with her later and left to meet Jason and Gar, who were waiting for him at the training room.

To be continued..

NOTE: Hello, I updated, even if I felt like I didn't want to continue this story, anyways, I'll keep writing just to see where this goes, I appreciate comments or anything, I just want to know if at least one person is reading lmao.. :)