Scott

"You have to continue. Even if you think of giving up now. You have to get out of here." Scott said. He suddenly gave me a hug and I stiffened for a second, but I returned it by patting his back. I'm not really into hugs but I just pretend that I like it.

"We might want to go back. Nelson might get suspicious and will think I helped an experiment escape."

I nodded and followed him back to the white room. The walk was a bit more comforting than before. It's not that scary, maybe it's worth continuing to fight for this "antidote".

We entered the white room and to my shock, the room was dimly lit by an orange light. Everyone in the room seems normal, talking to others, sleeping, hell they got food.

Wait food?

How many days has it been since I've eaten food? I don't recall getting hungry this past few days. Scott slightly pushed me inside and closed the door behind me. I walk further to the room, looking for Matthias and Woods. I spotted them talking and laughing at what I assumed were jokes they were making. I jogged up to them, but was stopped by an arm in front of me.

"What do you want now, Theo?"

This gathers the two guys' attention and slowly stands up. Theo looked at me, guilt written on his face, but I noticed something new on his face. It's a cut on his left cheek and on his forehead.

"Look. I'm sorry about earlier. I just- I don't know what came to me and the sudden urge to leave you there and take the liquid is just... I just really want to survive." He explained, picking his fingers. I feel guilty, but desperate times come with desperate actions and I can see his point of view. It just really baffles me that I met him not a day and he left me to pass out.

"Apology accepted." And I left him. I don't want to drag the whole thing down. I just want to rest and talk to some people.

"What happened? What did he say? Do we have to beat him up?" Matthias asked. He's sounding like a protective dad and it made me chuckle.

"He just apologized, that's all. What happened here? Why are some of the lights off?" I ask, sitting beside Woods. He offered me some chips, but I declined.

"No idea. We got here like this. Do you want to ask the others?" Matthias asked. Woods nodded and left me and Matthias there, sitting. He didn't even wait for us.

"Well that answered your question I guess." We both laughed and waited for Woods to return. He came back and said that the others don't know as well. They changed it while all of us were out? Interesting..

"But seriously though, what did d-bag say?" Woods asked again.

"He just said he's sorry and he just wanted to survive. That was it." I replied. I'm slightly annoyed, but they're just asking some questions.

We three sat there, talking and cracking up some jokes. Matthias and Woods started to run around and play tag and started to invite the others. Everyone in the room is all in the game, including me and we're playing a giant tag.

This is probably the most fun I've ever had.

Unfortunately, our fun was cut short by the door opening and scientists came in, but none of them were wearing their name tags. What shocked the three of us was Wesley and... Deborah was there too. Weird..

A voice started to fill the room through the speakers and we listened.

"I hope you all had a fun time eliminating your fellow subjects. There is no time to grieve for the loss of these people."

It sounded like Nelson was the one talking, but I am unsure.

"For this event, you will choose one of these scientists in front of you to help you advance to the next game. Only two subjects can be in the care of this scientist. Choose wisely."

Well isn't that ominous.

Without any other word, Matthias and Woods went in front of Deborah and Wesley. I stood there, debating if I should join one of them or not. Deborah looked at me, eyes pleading to join her. I shook my head and stepped in front of one of the male scientists.

"Nice to see you again, Scott."