Deborah

"What? What do they mean by experiment? Are we the experiments?" I didn't answer Avery, instead, I listened to the footage more.

"We have successfully done our experiments on animals, rats to be specific. But we would like to expand more on our experiments and we have come to the conclusion of trying an experiment at a human. But one human is not enough. No. In this experiment, we need more people. We need you. We need participants in this experiment and this is why you are chosen. To take part in this experiment and help Syntec own the future."

The footage ended and everyone in the room was silent. No one dared to speak out loud nor let out a loud breath.

"Who is this first human to be injected with this stupid thing anyways!" A random person in the crowd asked.

The person wearing the circle goggles raises their hand up. They are the first experiment? Are they a participant like us or are they an employee? So many questions...

"Is it the same thing you injected to us?!" Another random person screamed.

"Yes." The person that raised their hand said. Their voices sound disoriented. Was it from the liquids on their mask? How long have they been taking the liquid?

"What time is it?" A person asked. That's.. yeah I'm wondering what time it is as well. That's probably the best question asked throughout this whole thing.

No one answered. If there were crickets in here, this would have been a concert for them. The person in the middle snapped his fingers and other figures started to show up and they were also wearing a mask, but not the same as the two. It's a different mask, it's the one where you see when doctors wear it, in this case, the scientists. They all have circle goggles. So they are not the only ones.

What do we even call you?

"Phantom." The masked person answered. I didn't realize that I said it out loud. I gave a slow nod and they took my wrist. They looked at my number and left. Well that.. was a weird interaction with a phantom...

I looked at Nathan and Avery and shrugged. I don't know what's happening.

I just want to go home..

The lights started to get brighter again, blinding everyone in the room and all of a sudden, I'm in a different room. The room is nice and cozy. It's better than the white room if I'm being honest. In the middle of the room is a small table, a bunch of papers scattered on top of it and folders here and there. There's a steel cabinet behind with different numbers and letters. In the middle is a chair and a woman sitting in it.

"Take a seat."

I quietly took a seat in one of the chairs across and started to fidget with my fingers.

"What is your name and your occupation?" The woman asked.

"I'm Freja Smith and I'm a student from-"

"How old are you?"

Okay we're just going to jump on a different question.

"I'm 18."

The woman stopped writing in the folder and looked at me.

"You are too young to be here. How did they even find you?" The woman asked me. "They found me? So someone is following me home, is what you're saying?" The woman nodded and I rubbed my head from frustration. How long have they been following me?!

"Can't you just let me leave out of this place or something? I just really want to go home." I pleaded at the woman. The woman sighs and looks at me with stern eyes.

"I do not have a say in this experiment. Nelson wouldn't even give a damn about our opinion. He's too focused on Benjamin." Nelson and Benjamin.. are those the two masked men I saw earlier? But who is who?

"...okay... so how long is the experiment going to be..?"

"It's undetermined." Undetermined?!

"What?! Why is it undetermined?!"

"Because you have to fight everyone else for the antidote."

The antidote?