Chapter 1

Selen sat there, bored in class, listening to the teacher go on and on about magic. She had always wondered why so many people wanted to learn this type of thing. Was it for their family? For their own gain? To become wealthy and rich? Or simply because they're bored? She was dragged into this whole mess by some of her friends and her adoptive sister. The teacher wore a green and black Yukata. ( a casual version of a kimono. It is a robe usually made of cotton or synthetic fabric, wrapped around the body and fastened with a sash (obi) ) His hair was a dirtyish-blonde, and his hair went to his shoulders. She rested her head on her hand and looked off to the side outside the open window and sighed, bored. She wanted to learn magic, but she didn't want to learn this type of magic. Whenever she tried to bring up the other type, people thought she was some type of lunatic, and not in the right mind. She couldn't find anyone who knew anything about the corrupt power, all she had was ancient texts to refer to. Sure, if she did pay attention in class she could combine the two powers but, the lessons seemed so boring.

"Pst.. why aren't you paying attention..?" She heard a voice whisper over to her. It was only her sister, though. Selen shrugged. "I dunno, it doesn't seem interesting to me." She sighed. "In a few weeks, you'll earn a sword, but only if you can manipulate it with your mind, which is what we've been discussing in class for the last few days." The teacher said as he glared over at Selen. She rolled her eyes. "Well then, class is dismissed for today, have a good day everyone!" He smiled, as everyone got up from their chairs.

"These classes are boring. I don't get how you guys stay awake and can manage to listen to that man rambling." Selen rolled her eyes again, as her friends walked beside her. "Then what do you want to learn?" Kaden asked her. "Well, I want to learn that corrupt magic, the one that you can control the dead with, y'know?" She said. Her friends looked at her like she was some mad woman.  "Why?! That's the most forbidden thing here! Don't you know what happened hundreds of years ago with that guy who harnessed that magic?!" Blue looked over at Selen. "I don't? Could you inform me?-" Selen looked at Blue.  "Well, hundreds of years ago, a guy in ancient China harnessed that evil and corrupted magic. He ended up killing hundreds of people. He soon died a few years later, when someone he knew in the past led his army to kill him." Blue explained to Selen. "That sounds cool! I want to do that someday. But I won't die when it happens, I know I won't." She smirked. Ambrose facepalmed, "It's useless trying to tell her that.. that just makes her want to do it more."

"I don't get why you guys are so against it. I won't use it for bad! I could use it for good too! Y'know!" Selen fussed. "Because we don't trust you saying that... Isn't it obvious?" Ambrose looked over at Selen. "Is that why everyone here runs away from me or what?" Selen questioned. "Are you seriously asking that question?" Ambrose asked her. Selen sat there for a moment and stared at Ambrose in confusion. "Er? Yeah? What do you mean by 'seriously asking that question?' " Ambrose facepalmed again. "I thought you would be smart enough to notice that it's common sense.." There was a sudden silence. "We don't even know if that magic still even exists, so how could you learn it?" Ambrose continued.

"Blue, that thing you told me about that guy, wasn't there a legend that he was the man who invented that resentful and corrupt magic? I read it in one of the books in the library." Selen asked as Blue nodded. "And, we do know it still exists," Selen said, as she stopped walking, and her friends stopped as well.  "What do you mean?" Kaden asked as he looked at Selen. "Well," Selen smirked. "What do you even mean, Selen? Your sounding like a crazy man woman who just escaped out of a prison." Ambrose looked at Selen and rolled her eyes.

732 WORDS!