Cold

⚠️ TW ⚠️
Gunshot, cursing, mention of suicide.

They're ready.

Or at least they thought they're ready. After all, they should be ready.

But they're not. No amount of shooting and getting shoot at could prepare them for this.

No matter how many times they shoot someone and getting shoot at, they would never be prepared to see one of them getting shot.

Or, to put it bluntly, having a near-death experience.

"Pol!"

Arm let out a stifled cry, looking at Pol's collapsing figure.

"Fuck!" He cursed at everything. At Pol's shooter, at the helpless state he's in—that he couldn't just run straight to Pol before making sure the family he's currently guarding is safe.

After making sure the last of his bullet hit the right person, Arm holstered his gun back and run to Pol's side while barking orders at the other bodyguards to call for a medic.

"Pol, stay awake, okay?"

The person he's holding fluttered his eyes open weakly, his breathing labored.

"H-Hey, I'm okay..." Pol's hand try to reach Arm's bloody ones, shakily.

"Yeah, you're okay, and you're going to be okay. I promise." Arm grasp the cold hand with his right hand. His left ones pressing Pol's chest, trying to stop the bleeding.

Pol smiles weakly, his eyes fluttered closing until Arm shouts at him.

"Don't go to sleep! Pol, please. Don't fall asleep. I will let you sleep later, but not now. For now, I need you to stay awake, okay?"

Arm press harder, his own chest drummed frantically. Moreover when Pol's grasp in his hand weaken.

"For Pete's sake, where the hell is the medic?!"

Not too long after, a bodyguard rushed in with a medical team. After giving Pol's hand a final reassuring squeeze, Arm steps aside to give them some space. They put him in a van while Arm quickly get inside another car, on the driver's seat. But a hand harshly pulls him aside.

"I'll drive, get on the other side."

It's Kinn.

In other situation, Arm would have objected. The bodyguards shouldn't be sitting while their master driving.

But it's not some other situation. So he get in the passenger's seat, and fastened his seatbelt, wordlessly.

Kinn keep his stare at the road in front of them all the way. Arm didn't asks why he did this. Maybe it's the horror in Arm's eyes, or maybe he find out about them having a special relationship.

He probably did. Words spread faster than the wind in that house.

Kinn says nothing along the way, and Arm didn't try to initiate a conversation either. His hands fidgeting on his lap while his eyes looking outside the window, trying to distract himself from the wet feeling of Pol's blood between his fingers.

When they finally got to the house, Kinn immediately unlock the car without saying anything. Not even when Arm bowed his head and sprint inside.

Pol was brought to the operation room straight after he's arrived. When Arm got there, he found Tankhun standing outside the room, a look of worry etched on his face. Porsche and another bodyguard flanking him on each side.

Arm thought he would be ready if, one day, death would ever part them. He's a trained bodyguard, after all. He knows how death always trailed behind them. He knows they would never become anything more, even if death didn't come for one of them first.