Chapter twenty-one || I love you...maybe

Magsimula sa umpisa

My eyes go wide, there's that word again love. "That's a lot of two's." 

He kisses me yet again. "That's why it's our number. Two was made for us." 

Little voices fill the house. "Our twins are awake." 

"Already? It's too soon!" He rolls off me moving to put his clothes on. "So, what's on the agenda today?" Pulling a clean shirt over my head I say, "I'm meeting with an interior designer to plan stuff for the bakery." 

All of this wouldn't be possible without him. He's the person who bought me my dream building, now I'm going to use the money Val gave me for renovations. "Look at my girl...at you being all business like." 

I guess after my hesitation in bed he doesn't want to put pressure on things. "Oh, you like it do you?" He nods looking at me with lust in his eyes. "Easy tiger there will be plenty of time for that later. Right now, we need to go get those boys up." 

"I'll go get them while you make breakfast?" 

"Deal," I tell him rushing out the door to the kitchen. I'm constantly trying to get him to eat more vegan recipes. He of course being the pickiest person alive on this planet hates it, except for breakfast and dessert. Those seem to be the only way I can try new vegan recipes on him. 

Flipping through my vegan recipe book I land on a recipe for vegan French toast. If it's one thing Nathan can't resist its bread. I get to work mixing ingredients, dipping the bread, and frying them on a pan. Moving to the cutting board I start chopping mixed fruit to go along with it. My phone dings as a message pops up. Abandoning the fruit, I check my messages. 

𝐌𝐨𝐦: 𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤.

I had completely forgotten all about Luke's game this weekend. Now who's going to watch the boys today while I'm out? 

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲: 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐨𝐦. 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

My mom can smell my panic even from miles away so of course her next response isn't shocking whatsoever. 

𝐌𝐨𝐦: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

Which isn't actually a bad idea. Sending a quick thumbs up, setting my phone down and taking a deep breath I finally work up the courage to call out. "Hey, Nathan could you come, see?" He rounds the corner with two wide awake boys still in their baseball pj's. "Something smells nice."

Ignoring his previous comment I jump right to the point. "My parents are away for a baseball game this weekend so I was wondering if you wanted to watch the boys today?" I more than trust him with the boys, he's their father after all and I know he won't do or let anything hurt them. His eyes light up, "of course!" 

After eating breakfast which Nathan swears is the best meal of the day. I get ready then head straight to the living room where Nathan and the boys are in the middle of watching toy story. Nathan whistles as soon as he spots me. 

I feel my body heat by the gesture. "You are the sexiest business lady I've ever seen." Pausing the movie, him and the boys make their way over to where I stand. "Are you leaving momma?" Ace asks. Leaning down I kiss the top of his head. "I have to go somewhere but I'll be back later. Nat...your dad is going to watch the two of you today."