FERAL: chapter forty-six

The moment Onyx and I step into Taylor and Foster's house, I immediately hear yelling

The moment Onyx and I step into Taylor and Foster's house, I immediately hear yelling. Onyx winces slightly and I shake my head. Foster was a loud person and yelled even if he didn't mean to. As much as I loved him, I couldn't imagine having to live with him. If Ocean grew up to be anything like his father personality-wise, then Taylor was in trouble.

Gripping Onyx's hand, we walk down the hall and towards the living room. Inside the room was Gray, Quinn, Layne, and Foster's parents. Foster's mom was holding the baby and I could see the tears in her eyes. She looked exactly like Foster.

Foster's dad sat beside his mate with a smile on his face as he stared at the baby. Layne stood beside him and looked at Ocean in awe.

Foster looked up when he heard us enter and quickly moves towards us. He pulls both Onyx and I into hugs before backing away.

"Thanks for coming!" He beams.

"You know I wouldn't miss it," I shove him playfully.

That wasn't completely true though. I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider staying home and doing something else...or rather, someone else.

For the past few days, Onyx and I had been getting closer to finishing our bond. But every time we got to a point past kissing, something seemed to stop us. Waiting a little bit longer wasn't the end of the world, but blue balls were.

Onyx and I move to take a seat beside Quinn and Gray. Quinn was talking to Taylor while Layne was talking to Gray and pointing at Ocean.

"Hey," Taylor greets when we sit down.

"Hey, how does it feel to be out of the hospital?"

Taylor rolls his eyes. "I missed my own bed, not that I get to use it though. Ocean definitely took after Foster when it comes to whining."

Hearing his name, Foster frowns. "I don't whine."

"All you do is whine," his mom says as she sakes her head. She turns her attention to me and smiles. "It's good to see you again, Gaius! You've grown a lot since the last time we were here, and who's this?"

She stares at Onyx who looks uncomfortable. Taking his hand into mine, I squeeze it lightly before returning her smile.

"It's nice to see you again too! This is my mate, Onyx," I introduce.

Onyx waves but says nothing. Her smile remains on her face though.

"It's nice to meet you, Onyx. What pack were you originally from?"

Onyx's grip on my hand tightens. "I wasn't in a pack when I came here."

Foster's dad looks over at him and his mom nods. After Foster took over as Gamma and met Taylor, his parents decided it was time to explore outside of the pack. They only really came around for holidays, so it wasn't a surprise that they didn't know about Onyx.