FERAL: chapter nineteen

"Wake up," someone growled

Groaning to myself, I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked up. Councilman Steele was standing in front of me with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Why are you just sitting there?" He scowled. "Get him up and let's go. We still have to a little ways to go."

Don't hit him, Gaius.

Closing my eyes, I chanted the four words to myself before getting up and making my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before changing and going back to the bed where Onyx laid.

"Onyx," I shook him lightly. "Come on."

Onyx turned and shook his head.

"Onyx, come on," I tried again. "Don't you want to go see your parents?"

That got his attention. His hazel eyes looked at me and he slowly sat up.

"Are we leaving now?" He asked, still half way asleep.

"Yeah, after you showe-"

"Hurry up!" The councilman growled.

Sucking in a breath, I shook my head and helped Onyx to the bathroom. It took a little longer since there was no stool like we had at home, but once we were both ready to go, I helped Onyx back into the room and gathered our bags.

"Finally," the councilman muttered to himself.

His attitude didn't surprise me seeing as this is how he always was, but I was trying to be more understanding after what he revealed to me last night.

It was hard.

Part of me believed that he was trying to make me mad on purpose. He didn't want to be treated any differently than before or it would hurt his pride.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked instead of arguing with him.

Onyx's eyebrows rose at this but he smiled at me instead and nodded. The councilman's jaw clenched slightly, confirming my suspicion.

"Let's go," he said coldly, stomping out the room.

Onyx frowned before the two of us followed after him and made our way down the hall and into the elevator. When we reached the bottom floor, the smell of pancakes, sausage, and bacon filled my nose and Onyx's eyes searched for the area where the smell was coming from. Noticing this, Councilman Steele shook his head.

"We don't have time for that," he told Onyx with a warning glare.

Onyx pouted at that and I shook my head slightly.

"You want to drive for hours with no food?" I raised an eyebrow.

The councilman's face mirrored my own. "We don't have time for that, we're supposed to be going to the Solar Moon Pack and your mutt will slow us down with his hunger."