FERAL: chapter forty-five

Because we took the car, Gray and I managed to beat Foster

Because we took the car, Gray and I managed to beat Foster. After parking it, Gray grabbed Layne before we headed inside.

The moment we stepped inside, I could hear Taylor yelling at some poor doctor or nurse.

"Gamma, please-" I hear one of the poor souls say.

"No! I'm not having this baby until Foster gets here!"

Gray shakes his head and we walk down the hall towards where the yelling his coming from. I see Taylor glaring at one of the doctors and fight the urge to laugh at the poor man's misfortune. When Taylor sees Gray and I, his glare lands on us.

"Where the fuck is Foster?!"

I glance over at Gray who gestures for me to answer. A scowl forms on my face. He would throw me under the bus.

"Well-" I start but thankfully don't have to finish.

Foster's scent grows stronger and I hear his footsteps as he races into the room.

"What the fuck took you so long?!" Taylor glares at his mate.

Foster offers him a sheepish smile. "Well-"

"You know what? I don't give a fuck! Get this baby out of me now!" He growls at the poor doctor.

The man didn't need to be told twice. Foster moves to Taylor's side as the doctors prepare to start. Gray, Layne, and I leave the room as they begin to numb Taylor and prepare for the c-section.

We take a seat just as Onyx and Quinn enter the hospital. Quinn sits beside Gray and takes Quinn and Onyx comes to sit with me. He rests his head on my shoulder as we wait.

...

Crying fills the hall.

We were waiting for around forty-five minutes to an hour before the doctor came out and smiled at us.

"Come meet your nephew," Foster links.

A smile forms on my face as I lightly shake Onyx. We stretch before Gray picks up Layne and Quinn stands. The five of us make our way down the hall and when we get there, Foster looks up at us. I can see the tears threatening to fall from his brown eyes.

He momentarily moves away from Taylor and moves towards the rest of us. Gray sets Layne down in a chair against the wall before he pulls Foster into a hug.

"Congratulations, Fos."

Foster smiles at him and they separate. I move towards him and do the same.

"How does it feel to be a father now?" I grin.

Foster laughs slightly. "It's...crazy, I can't believe I actually have a kid now. How do you do it, Gray?"