Chapter 41

UNEDITED

VOTE And FOLLOW ❤️

"So you don't know where she is?" This was the second time I called Jared, our mutual friend, or more like friend of Nikki as I wasn't allowed to familiarise much in the opposite sex. Scared for scandals!
I am
"For the last time Aylin, I have no idea where she is, I haven't talked to her from past two months! I tried and got tired of calling her." I couldn't see him as he was talking on call but his voice looked slightly irritated with my repeated questioning.

"You are saying past 2 months? Are you sure sure?" I had talked with her around 1 and half months back in St Lucia, she was active during that time.

"Yeah positive, I remembered the Las Vegas trip was the last time I tried contacting her, we went down there for the weekend and I had already been trying to contact her from a month before but I never poured any attention as to why she wasn't receiving my call but when the trip surfaced not only me even Evan, Sarah, Sandra and quola tried contacting her but she never replied. We thought she didn't want us to contact her and we thought she might anyways still be in contact with you so we never gave it the light of the day and went to vegas without her." New information kept rolling with every person I talked with regarding Nikki.

"Weren't you supposed to be concerned that your friend was not contacting you after repeated try? Maybe visiting her place was an option?" I tried to sound as light as possible as my voice couldn't shake its edge to see how careless her other friends were.

"Girl it isn't the first time she done this okay! It's not like we don't care but this her MO. She randomly contacts and then disappears into thin air." Wow this was surely not the Nikki we knew. The Nikki I knew never ever did this!

"Oh....." it was the only word I could utter after his words.

"Don't worry sweetheart. She always comes back." I couldn't think straight. We were friends from past 3 years. We met in an unusual way but after that we were always inseparable.

"She never did that with me from past 3 years." I muttered not realising the information I gave up.

"Well you are Aylin Williams girl. Whatcha think! She won't let the golden goose's feelings hurt!"

"Thank you Jared for talking to me. I should get back to work. Please call me if you get contacted with her." I spoke still trying to negate the new knowledge I gained.

"Yeah sure, hope she didn't mess with some powerful people again." The call dropped as I whispered 'which powerful people.......?'

What powerful people he meant? And again? That meant she had trouble with someone in the past? What if the powerful person this time had to be Aiden? What if he messed with her so he could mess with me?

The ringing in my hand pulled my attention to my phone as I saw madre calling me.

Swiping right I put the phone across my ears to listen, "Good morning Aylin. How are you?"

"I am fine madre, What about you?" I started arranging my papers for the meet with my father in few minutes.

"Oh I am doing very well dear, alive and living. Did I catch you at a wrong timing?" She questioned.

"No no Madre, I am just about to go to meet dad so we have exactly..." I paused checking my watch to see the time as it showed 40 seconds left for the meet..." about 40 second to talk."

"Oh dear go run along. Don't let your old man wait for you. We have a lot of time to talk over coffee today. You up for the date?"  Oh the coffee date. Holy crap!! I was going to disclose my pregnancy to madre and take her opinion on it.