Chapter 18

Unedited

Sitting in the flight back to St Louis, I recalled the day's event looking at the dark clouds in the private suite in my plane. My entire stewardess staff was changed yesterday itself to male steward. The thought of a sultry female around me was choking my neck already, I just felt suffocating with one more girl trying to seduce me for my looks and money. Maybe it was because I had to endure Ava for longer than I had expected or maybe the itch to see the blue-eyed beauty suddenly made me utterly disgusted with half-naked women around me.

*********Earlier in the morning***********

"Mark ask Mr. Silva to start aggressive marketing for our merger from tomorrow. I want the POA for the campaign by my table before I board the flight back." I ordered mark while tying my necktie around my neck. Clicking the touchpad I disconnected the Bluetooth call. 

After last night I didn't go back to my penthouse, as my mother insisted for me to stay with her and dad. And when I denied asking for personal space, she used her most favorite tool in the world. Starting to blackmail me with the most emotional scenario she could ever use 'absence of her kids'. So I stayed the night with her and dad. 

"Won't you have breakfast with us?" My dad asked I passed by them eating breakfast in the foyer garden. 

"No dad, I have an important meet I am late for," I spoke rushing past them.

"Aiden, non lasci aspettare il cibo. Gesù, non so mai cosa abbiamo fatto di male Joseph allevando i nostri figli in questo modo" (Aiden, You do not leave the food waiting. Jesus, I never know what we did wrong Joseph raising our kids like this), I smirked internally stopping in my tracks waiting for her next dramatic comment. 

"Madre, Go ahead and just say it." I smiled turning around to face them, seeing my dad also smile at my mother's drama.

"What?" She moved her hands in a funny way showing her frustration with both of us. 

"Ok I give up, I will eat and leave." I sat down on the chair while picking up a croissant and putting it on my plate. "Ti voglio bene" (I love you) My mother spoke while smiling her own smile softly.

******************
After breakfast, I left in the waiting car.
"Anthony, you send the ring and dress to Ava yesterday?" I questioned Anthony, my personal assistant who sat beside me in the car on our way for my impending engagement.

"Yes sir, I did. Though I think Ava ma'am didn't like the ring." He paused like expecting me to react some way on the news.

Well, I did expect Ava's displeasure on any ring Anthony would have sent her. Because she wanted the costliest one in the whole country of America. The biggest diamond she could get.

"So right now, she is exchanging the rings at Cartier." He pulled out a report sent by my head moderator, Susan about share rankings in today's market. 

Taking the iPad from his extended hand I read the technical demographics, liking the changing numbers. "When was the news out?" I questioned still reading the article Susan had prepared for me. I had asked Mr. Agosti to leak the news of the merger before the official press conference. I wanted to increase my companies weightage. This was going to open much more business opportunities and I wanted to create the buzz around. 

The car stopped, Anthony took the iPad from my hand while the chauffer opened my door. I stepped out wearing my sunglasses to shield myself from the early rays of the sun. I looked around to see people already noticing me from such a small action already. Ignoring them I moved ahead towards the gate while entering the office lobby. Before the floor receptionist could come near me Anthony pulled a hand in the air halting her movements.