Chapter 7

Unedited

Our life is like, a thorny rose

Not perfect, But always beautiful

The scene in front of me reminded me of this beautiful poem written by kirston D Warfeild. The world, which comprises pain, sadness, and so much grief, also has imbibed so much grace, goodness, and peace if searched at the right place with a pure heart. 

The pure laughter, Innocence, and bliss the kids showcased in front of my eyes enlightened my whole world in just a second. I could easily compare the vastness of wealth I had composed with from my childhood. These innocent kids looked as bright as the shining sun as if they didn't belong to an adoption center without their parents to care for in this world. 

I wanted to achieve this happiness in my life. The one which I could never conjure up with all the money in the world. I would give up everything in a heartbeat to get this.

" Gracias Elion. esto es un espectáculo para ver." I looked at Elion to find him watching me intently with the same contagious smile I was beaming with.

"Your eyes, I have never seen something so beautiful in my whole life Aylin. It is as if the entire ocean resides within them. They are so deep senora, so exhilarating." I was gobsmacked. Elion was spilling words I didn't expect him to ever utter as if he still hasn't realized what he was speaking. I had a feeling that he was bewitched by my eyes. Who wouldn't? They were extraordinary and I had already realized this long back with the constant praise I receive in my father's profile parties. 

"uhm, err, I mean Thank you?" I sputtered nervously, crunching my eyebrows, mashing them with my forehead with a slight lift of my shoulders. I guess taking endearments and praises all my life has finally rendered me speechless in front of this sweet Mexican lad.

He laughed raking his fingers through his hair showing his teeth. " I am sorry senora. I never meant to make you uncomfortable. It's just that I never you can look so much more beautiful while smiling. You should smile more." he stated nervously.

"Excuse me, Ms. Aylin is it?" I turned around to see a young boy with beautiful sun-kissed chocolate skin smiling at me and elion. " Yeah this is Ms. Aylin, and you are?" Elion beat me to it. I twisted to face elion, His fist was turning white with pressure. Surely today was turning more outlandish than the past entire week. elions eyes were shining with an unknown emotion, like controlling a wave of resounding anger maybe? I wasn't sure. I didn't know him that well. 

" I am Hob, assistant to the manager who runs this place. I would like to escort you to the Cabin if that's okay." Smiling warmly at my face he turned around without looking at elion as if he didn't just answer Elion's question but mine. Without waiting I started following him in my strap leather sandals. "Are you Elion?" I inquired seeing elion was still standing at the same place staring at the place where Hob stood seconds before. " Uh Yeah, Sorry move along." He started following my lead snapping out of his hazy state of anger.

" He started following my lead snapping out of his hazy state of anger