S

1. Tae fell asleep in the last chapter, lol.

2. Not everyone knows how the law works and not everyone has the knowledge about how the cops work. You can say that Seokjin and tae didn't know that tae can get a divorce without having jk's sign. It's just that...they don't have enough knowledge. And Seokjin doesn't know the entire depth of what's happening. And you should know by now that tae is someone who values his self-respect more than his life.

15 September 2016

Taehyung woke up to the loud ringing of his husband's phone. He was sore as usual, but he was now used to the sensation. He was not used to the pain, because it always hurt, but he was just used to being hit and then waking up with unbelievable pain. 

He was used to the routine. 

Jeongguk didn't even stir from his sleep. Or should he say drug-induced unconsciousness?

Taehyung took a deep breath when he looked at the caller ID. It was Yoongi. "Hello, hyung," he answered with a hoarse voice. Jeongguk had tried to choke him for not cooperating the previous night and Taehyung had a feeling it affected his vocal cords a little. 

"Hey, Tae. You caught a cold or what?" Yoongi asked. 

"Ugh, yeah, I think I'm gonna come down with something," Taehyung answered tiredly, "what's up, hyung?" 

"Nothing, I just called to wish Jeongguk a happy birthday. Is he showering?" 

Oh. It was Jeongguk's birthday. And Taehyung didn't care. He decided he wasn't even going to wish him. His husband had never wished him for his birthday anyway. This time Taehyung didn't feel like doing it either. Not after he became a sex slave to his husband. 

"Oh, he's asleep, hyung. He came in late last night," he said, "must be tired."

"Oh....let him be, then. We'll be coming over for lunch, okay?" Yoongi said. Taehyung chuckled even though he felt nothing but panic rise up. His face was beyond repair now, how was he going to hide it or cover it up?

"Umm...we were going to go out for lunch though, hyung. Can we meet some othe-"

"Nothing doing, Tae. Tell your husband to have a dinner date with you instead. It's been more than a month since I saw him. What's the use of being in the same city if we aren't even meeting regularly? We're coming over for lunch and that's final," Yoongi said firmly. 

Taehyung sighed internally. It seemed like the end of the discussion. He chuckled to make sure Yoongi didn't think he was annoyed by them coming over. "You are right, hyung. Come over, I can't wait," he said. He would have to sneak out of the house and rush to a nearby shop to buy a concealer before his husband woke up. 

"That's mah boy," Yoongi said with a chuckle, "now open the door."

"Hmm...wait, what?!" Taehyung shot off the bed with his eyes blown out wide. They were outside the door?! How was he going to cover his face up?! 

"Open the door, Taehyung, we've been standing outside for almost ten minutes now," Yoongi said with a chuckle. Taehyung couldn't answer. His chest heaved up and down in panic. Why did he have such horrible luck?!

"Tae? Are you there?"

"Yeah, yeah, hyung, I'm coming," Taehyung said and hung up. His body protested so hard that he had to grab the nearest furniture for support. He stumbled to the main door in utter difficulty, cursing due to pain repeatedly.  

He was nearing thirty-six, after all. With no workout and no way of keeping his body healthy and fit, and with the number of hits he was taking every day, a small part of his mind was surprised he could even stand up. 

Realizing he had no option but to show Yoongi and his family his pitiful state, Taehyung opened the door just a slit. "Hyung, are Hyuni and Sumi here?" he asked. 

"No. They are with Eomma. She said she wanted to spend some time with them. It's only me and Hobi. Why? Open the door fully," Yoongi said, his voice slowly giving way to concern and worry. 

Taehyung opened the door further, making Yoongi and Hoseok gasp in horror. "What the hell, Taehyung?! What the fuck happened to your face?! And your arms?!" Yoongi asked while Hoseok took a step closer, grabbed Taehyung's shoulders as gently as he could and scanned him from top to bottom. 

"I-I fell from the t-top stair," Taehyung said and looked down. 

"Tell the truth, Taehyung," Yoongi growled. Hoseok silently led Taehyung to the couch and forced him to sit down, which Taehyung did with a painful wince. When Hoseok sat down next to him and threw an arm around him, Taehyung surprisingly leaned in for comfort. 

"I really fell from the top stair, hyung," Taehyung said again, a little pitifully. 

"BULLSHIT!!" Yoongi yelled and Taehyung jumped so hard that Hoseok himself was startled, not by Yoongi's loud voice but by Taehung's jump. "YOU DON'T BRUISE YOUR EYES AND CHEEKBONES WHEN YOU FALL DOWN THE STAIRS!!"

"Well, I did," Taehyung shrugged. 

"Tae, please, we are trying to help here. What happened?" Hoseok asked gently. 

Taehyung looked around to meet his eyes. There were unshed tears in his lifeless eyes and it honestly broke Hoseok's heart, but he knew he could do nothing until Taehyung told them the truth. 

"I'm speaking the truth, hyung," Taehyung said, his lower lip wobbling slightly, "believe me."

He looked so pathetic that Hoseok couldn't help but give in. "Fine, okay, I'll believe you. Did you go to the doctor?" he asked while Yoongi muttered bullshit again and proceeded to go upstairs, most probably to wake Jeongguk up. 

"NO!!" Taehyung yelled a little too loudly. It seemed as if Yoongi didn't know that Jeongguk had now officially become an alcoholic and a junkie. He wanted to keep it that way. 

"He seemed very tired when he came home, hyung. Let him sleep. He'll come down when he wakes up anyway," he said. 

Yoongi didn't seem to buy it, but he let it be and walked back down. "Tell me where the first aid is. Let's at least do something about that cut on your face," he said. Taehyung nodded and made to get up. 

"I said tell me, Tae. Tell me. Not bring it. You sit down, I'll get it for you."

Taehyung's ears turned red at that. "Okay," he said and told Yoongi where they normally kept their first aid kit. 

"We'll leave, then. You need rest, not guests. We'll talk to him in the evening," Hoseok said after Yoongi finished treating Taehyung as much as he could. Yoongi nodded, agreeing with his husband's words. 

"Call us if you need any help, Tae," he said and with that, they left, thankfully before Jeongguk woke up. 

'If only we had stayed that day,' Yoongi thought regretfully a few months later.