5

Frank threw himself onto the bed in the hotel room the minute they walked through the door. He lay face down with arms and legs open wide and mumbled something incoherent into the pillows. Gerard sensibly put their bags down on the floor before strolling about the suite and having a look around. Returning to the bedroom, Frank was now rolled over and lay on his back with his arms resting across his chest.

"Comfortable?" Gerard asked, receiving a relaxed loud sigh by way of answering.

"Come here Gee!" Frank eventually said, shuffling to one side and patting the space on the mattress for Gerard to lay down beside him.

He did so, and instantly relaxed into the soft fabric of the bedding. Frank slung a leg and an arm around his boyfriend and nuzzled his head into the crook of his neck, which seemed to be made to fit Frank's face within.

"I love you" Frank whispered.

Gerard had noticed him saying that a lot more over the last week. Since their argument and subsequent heart to heart, Frank had seemed to be making a conscious effort to reassure Gerard of his feelings for him. Although Gerard was always happy to have Frank tell him he loved him, a part of him also suspected that it was to re-iterate that he was enough for him, making Gerard feel guilty all over again about mentioning that he might want more (meaning kids and marriage). He hadn't brought it up since, but he knew that it would come up in conversation again at some point, and he really did want to know what Frank thought about the whole idea. For now, however, this break away was about them. Just the two of them, with no distractions and interruptions.

"What do you wanna do?" Frank asked, sitting up a little so he could look down at Gerard's beautiful face.

"Well if you really want to know........?"

"Mmm Gee" Frank replied as Gerard lifted his head up to kiss him. "I was actually thinking of doing something outside of the bedroom. But obviously we can take advantage of this amazing bed all night long" he added with a wicked grin.

Ok" Gerard replied, placing one last kiss on Frank's lips. "I happen to have plans for us later anyway babe."

"You do?" Frank inquired, all wide eyed and interested. "Tell me!"

"Nope. You'll have to wait and see."

Frank huffed and pulled a face, before dragging the pillow from the top of the bed and smacking Gerard across the face with it and jumping off the bed to run away.

"Fucker!" Gerard shouted after him with a laugh.

They had spent the afternoon walking around a quaint art gallery; Gerard being in his element admiring all the stunning pieces on display. Frank had no fucking idea what any of it represented but listened intently as Gerard talked passionately as they strolled through each area of the exhibition. Afterwards they went and ate at a little restaurant which was located along the banks of the river running through the town. It was such a romantic atmosphere, with little tealights placed on each table, quiet music playing in the background and couples quietly sitting and enjoying each other's company. They ate and talked, and both felt truly peaceful and more at home with each other than they had since Frank had gone away on tour. It was perfect.

"I wish you had someone when I'm away" Frank suddenly said, with a concerned look in his eyes.

"What? I do. I have Mikey" Gerard answered.

"I know" Frank smiled. "But he's not always around Gee. I hate that you said you're lonely. I wish you would go out with other people and have some fun when I'm not here."

"I'm fine" Gerard lied, hating the fact that talk had turned to Frank being away again.

"No you're not Gee. I know you're not."