31. truly a harmful bias

"Oh, no worries Bakubro! You'll catch up to me in no time in your remedial course." You stuck out your tongue at the raging blonde and stuck your thumbs to your head, making mocking gestures.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU EYE BAGS!" He screamed, trying to get to you but was unfortunately held back Kirishima and Eijirou.

"Don't kill the pretty lady Bakubro."

You grinned, flipping your tangled hair. "It's about time someone noticed."

"Everyone notices." Bakugou grumbled.

"What-"

"Y/n!! Can you believe this!" Izuku came running up to you and slung his arm over your shoulder, showing you his license excitedly. "I can't believe I actually did it."

"I'm so proud!" You grinned.

He let go of his hold on you and turned to face you with a smile. "I knew you could do it, but I'm proud of you too."

Before you could reply, "Get a room you fucking losers!" Bakugou growled.

**
After the provision licensing exam, everyone returned to the dorms. Some went straight to bed, but many of your classmates stayed and enjoyed each other's company in celebration of sorts.

"I just can't believe he didn't pass, Mina-Chan." You whined as you squished her cheeks, she was holding you on her lap since you were in an especially clingy mood—for whatever reason.

"I know honey, it's gonna be okay." She cooed back in a baby voice, patting your head gently.

"I feel like this should bother me." You heard Izuku say to one of your classmates.

"We always knew you were a perv, Midoriya." Kaminari snickered.

"Let's get some photos! I've never seen them this sexy before." Mineta snickered as he pulled out his phone.

You immediately lifted your head from Mina's grasp and your entire gaze darkened. You flipped your finger over and flipped him off, preceding the phone you floated off the counter and threw at his head.

You loved this development of your quirk.

"Ow, damn!"

"My phone!" Kaminari cried.

**
Not much later into the night, Izuku left with Bakugou.

You knew it had something to do with his quirk, but you didn't know why it was so important that they needed to break curfew.

In that moment you could picture your father's face, angry and scraggily hair like he often had when you didn't wake up in time for school.

He really picked his times to be angry.

You knew they were going to be caught but there was nothing you could do about it. You just hoped they didn't get you dragged down with them, your dad would definitely assume that you knew about it.

Not like he would be assuming wrong but truly a harmful bias.

You stood before Todoroki's door and took in a deep breath. It had been hard to shake your worry for him, especially after he went straight to his room once your class returned.

It's not like this wasn't normal behavior for him, he often shied away from your classmates gatherings at night.

But that look on his face—you knew the defeat was humiliating.

You knocked once and opened the door, knowing he would deny your entry if you tried to wait for his response.

"You really aren't coming?" You asked. His eyes immediately met yours as you opened the door, he was sitting on his floor mat eating a bowl of cold soba.