15. who we want to become

Memories were a strange thing to Tomura Shigaraki.

He had a few distinct ones.

The moment he met his master, his first kill that allowed him to control his quirk, relishing in his hatred for heroes, and meeting you.

Before you, before any of that, he remembered feeling like there was a piece of him that was missing.

For the first few years of his life, he would experience flashes of memories that didn't feel like they wholly belonged to him.

He wasn't sure why that was. The voices he heard in his head sounded familiar, the one coming from his body sounded like his voice. There was a sense of guilt that came from remembering those days, remembering that time where the itching never stopped.

The itching, while problematic, liked to be picky about when it showed itself.

It often was relieved after a kill, but tonight, as he towered over you—it chose to put a halt in showing itself.

"We're nothing alike." You grunted, whipping your head to the side so he could touch you no longer.

Tomura laughed at the, finding amusement in the defiant look in your odd eyes.

"You truly don't think so?" He asked with a hum, following the sound with a low chuckle. "When I look at you, I see the shell of a girl aspiring to be a hero." For some reason, these words caused you to look at his spine-chilling face.

"But in reality, you're nothing like this persona you play. The real you is that little girl sitting in a cradle position deep inside you." He shook his head slowly. "That's how we're alike, Y/n. We don't choose to let those versions of out to come out and play—the take over us by force."

"You make no sense." You spat.

He chuckled. "No conviction, no sense, no pride, no strength." He hummed, losing your understanding once more.

Shigaraki sat there laughing, his hands planted to the walls on either side of your head. With a quick flicker of your eyes, you noticed the way he kept a single finger off the brick behind you.

You took in a deep, ragged breath, desperately hoping it was quiet enough to calm yourself and not gain his attention.

Thankful for your quick range of motion, you summoned your quirk to your leg and swept his legs out from under him.

As he pummeled against the ground you immediately bent back and relished the feeling of your hands hitting the concrete to aid your body in flipping back and away from the man child.

"You bitch." He coughed out.

"Who are you working for?" You demanded as you reached into your pocket and held your phone behind you, sending your location and information on the villain you faced to multiple people in your contacts.

You hoped your father would contact an officer or hero stationed in Hosu, if your grandfather couldn't make it in time.

"What makes you think I don't run my own organization?" He asked with a chuckle, swaying as he stood once more.

Stall. "You mean to tell me that you gathered all of these creatures into this city by yourself and still had time to do a background check on me to feed your obsession?" You let out a faked laugh.

Please,
Someone, anyone.

Shigaraki was clearly irritated by that. "Don't act like I'm crazy girl, you can't tell me that you're not curious about this connection as well." He gritted and you felt your breath hitch in your throat.