30. boys who never learn

Todoroki had been silent this entire time.

Something about seeing that boy, the one who's name you still couldn't recall, sent him into a state of silence and solitude.

You had been trying to figure it out, piecing together the bits of information you scavenged your mind for.

It was easy to see why one might not like Todoroki. He had an angry father and showed little to no care for those around him.

Even as your classmates began piling in, and you made room on your bench for Tsu (who was so sleepy she laid her head in your lap) you just wondered.

"So you really stayed with Todoroki the whole time?" Momo asked once you snuck away from the bench to grab refreshments.

"Yup."

"I'm surprised he allowed you to work with him for so long."

Your brows scrunched. "I didn't exactly give him a choice." You glance up at her and then over to Todoroki. Before you could say anything else, Kamanari stormed giddily towards the two of you.

"Yaomomo! Aizawa-Chan! You guys got here quick! Good to see ya."

"We all only just got here, Y/n and Todoroki got here first." Kyoka interjected.

Kamanari grinned. "Makes sense, you've always gotta show us up, huh?" He came at you with his hand ready to ruffle his hair.

You jumped and slapped him away. "I'll bite you."

"Aizawa-Chan you say that like it's a bad thing!"

"BOYfriend." Kyoka scolded him and you took that as your chance to escape.

Almost as if on cue, your eyes met Izuku's. He was clearly tired but he stood tall. His face was covered in small cuts and scuff marks trailed all down his body.

He had been standing off to the side, a bit of a haunted look on his face. You walked over to him, not willing to imagine what happened to make him look like that.

"What happened?" You asked, not bothering with the formalities of asking about the exam.

His eyes flickered to you and he seemed relieved that you knew him so well. "Kacchan."

You scoffed. "What did he do this time?" You placed your hands on your hips.

Izuku was fumbling with his fingers. "I don't know if I ever told you this, but I tried to tell Kacchan about my quirk." He whispered.

Yeah no, I don't think you mentioned that you little sh-

"He didn't believe me, of course, but after what he just said—" He took in a sharp breath. "He sounds like he believes it. That I finally made my borrowed power my own."

You placed your hand softly on his elbow. "Don't let him get into your head."

You reached up and cupped his face. "It's been yours since the day it was given to you. Just do your best out there, okay?"

Izuku smiled, leaning into your touch. "I will. Now tell me about your exam, how the heck did you get in here so fast!?"

**
When the first round was over, your whole class cheered in excitement. You had all made it past the first round of the exam and it felt like the greatest victory.

You were all expected to lose in the first round, the jinx of U.A—the prime targets.

You were so proud of everyone for making it past that.

The one hundred examinees were instructed to watch the television screen. There were explosions out on the exam course and the group was instructed to go in as bystanders on a rescue mission.