Fringe and Shine

📍Spa,Bora Resort & Casino

When we arrived at the spa, the first thing I saw was Izana's brown-skinned, curvy figure talking on the phone.

"Derick and the boys shou-"

"Hem-hem." Before Izana could finish her sentence, I cleared my throat to get her attention seeing that she had her back to me.

"YULI!?" She exclaimed after looking at me. "I can't believe it, you're here!" Izana said, running to hug me.

"Of course I'm here. I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world!" I replied, hugging her back.

"Wait, I thought you couldn't come because of the delay with the visa... Wait a minute, did Derick know? Did you all know?" Izana asked, looking at Lea and Hefra who were standing next to me, looking like deers caught in the headlights.

"I'm sorry I lied and no, he doesn't know. And they..." I pointed to my left "...were just trying to help me surprise you."

"Surprise!!" They said at the same time, while doing jazz hands.

"Ha-ha..." she said, side eyeing us before engaging in a group hug this time.

"Uh, hello... Izana? Are you there?"

"Oh sorry Emma." She said, remembering the phone call. "I just had... oh okay, see you later Emma." She said bidding Emma goodbye.

"Problems with the visa my ass. I knew that shit about not being at the wedding could only be a lie!" Derick's voice rang out, making us all look behind me where he and groomsmen Luke, Evan and Spencer were just entering the spa.

"Damn, I'm going to get you one day." I said as I got a hug from him.

Oh yeah, my friends are huggers by nature.

"Keep trying, Yuli. Iza, my love..." he said, looking at her. "...Since I won, you can pay the bet now. And because I'm feeling generous today, I'll accept payment in the form of hugs or kisses." He said and went over to kiss her.

"My eyes, they're burning!" Screamed Hefra as she pretended to faint in Evan's arms.

"Bro, get a room!" Said a smiling Spencer.

"Oh, I already have one... I just need to convince Izana to share it with me." Replied Derick, raising his eyebrows suggestively with a grin and a hand on her waist.

"Ewww!" Lea said shaking her head, while I just rolled my eyes at Derick's comment.

"Sooooo, what do we have on our activity list maid of honor?" Luke asked Lea after we had all greeted each other and got over the regular PDA shock we are subjected to.

"Well, tonight we have our 70s fringe and shine theme night, consisting of a dinner and wine tasting followed by a karaoke session. Tomorrow we have mani-pedis, final fittings, hairdressers for the bridesmaids and the rehearsal dinner." Lea explained, before a smiling young blonde woman in a spa uniform joined us.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I am Stacy." She said to the group. "I assume the group is now complete. Can we start the sessions?" She asked, looking to Izana who confirmed that we could begin.

Between skincare and massages, we really had the opportunity to unwind and enjoy the full service at the spa. Honestly, this session came in handy as our stay in Vegas is filled with activities.

After a 60-minute massage, we returned to our rooms to get ready for tonight's activities.

📍Thursday evening, Bora lobby