"Ah Yu has promised this emperor. If Ah Yu ever disappears someday, even if the sky and earth are overturned, this emperor will find Ah Yu and bring you back." After saying this, Shang JunLin left a trail of small kisses on Shen Yu's neck.

In the past, he took the throne out of self-preservation. He rebuilt and expanded Da Huan because it was his duty. He didn't want to be like the late emperor, who left the people destitute because of his selfish desires. If Shang JunLin did the same, what was the difference between him and the late emperor he despised?

Now he was glad that he was the emperor of Da Huan and had the power to protect Shen Yu. In the future, he would work even harder to develop and grow the country. Only in that way could his Ah Yu live freely and wantonly under his wings.

As for the Minister of Works, after the initial excitement, he began to worry about how much money it would take to develop this new product. The official in charge of the Ministry of Revenue was a penny-pincher where funding was concerned. The two had been at odds several times before when the Minister of Works asked for a small sum of money.

Right now there was only enough money left to solve immediate needs.

The Minister of Works sat at his desk with his brow furrowed, thinking about how he could get a little more silver from that penny-pinching Minister of Revenue.

A junior official walked in and saw the Minister of Works frowning. "Is Your Excellency still worried about funding?"

There was no secret about this in the Ministry of Works. It happened every time the minister wanted to do something new, and all the officials knew it.

There was a deep crease between the Minister of Works' eyebrows. "Yes. There's enough for the first stage, but will we do later on?"

The underling's heart skipped, and he suddenly thought about the man he met a few days ago. He said hesitantly, "Coincidentally, Your Excellency, a little while ago this subordinate was approached by a Young Master Yan. He said his name was Yan Zheng, and he claimed that the road was damaged by him. He apologized and wanted to give compensation for it."

"It's true that the damage to the road was man-made, but what does that have to do with this Young Master Yan?" The Minister of Works wasn't easily convinced.

"Why doesn't Your Excellency meet with him? As far as this subordinate could tell, Young Master Yan looked straightforward and honest and didn't seem to have any bad intentions. Of course, this subordinate can't judge the person on my own. Your Excellency would have to meet with him in person," the junior official advised.

"We work for Da Huan. How can we let the citizens pay for such things?" The Minister of Works still disagreed.

"Your Excellency, to tell you the truth, the young master found this subordinate on his own initiative. His servant frequently travels that road. Young Master Yan said that he came from the south to do business. The road was damaged because of an old grudge against him, which is why he wanted to make up for it."

"You can go for now. We'll discuss this matter later."

After thinking about it, the Minister of Works asked around. It was true, as his subordinate said, that a young master named Yan Zheng had been seen around the Ministry of Works recently. Many officials knew about it. The Minister of Works felt somewhat reassured and decided to meet with the person before deciding anything.

If he really just wanted to compensate them for the damaged road, the Minister of Works wouldn't have to work up the courage to argue back and forth with the Minister of Revenue.

Yan Zheng waited in his newly purchased courtyard for a few days. As expected, the Minister of Works eventually called.

Everything seemed straightforward. After talking for a while, the two sides reached an understanding. Afterwards, the chief minister of the Ministry of Works thought about it and went to the palace.