6

Shen Yu didn't speak. He stared blankly, as if frightened.

The temperature in the room was as cold as a winter's wind, penetrating to the bone. The man kneeling on the floor kept his head down and did his best not to panic on the spot.

Shang JunLin gazed at Shen Yu, and the ink in his eyes grew darker and darker.

The low air pressure pressed on him, silently urging him to walk over. Shen Yu took a few steps forward. He stopped a short distance from the pool of blood.

He could feel the immense weight and force of those eyes as they focused on him. The air pressure in the imperial study was extremely low. If Shen Yu had any less courage, he might have fallen to the ground immediately.

"Your Majesty will stain your clothes. Why don't you come here?"

The man who was about to fall to pieces choked. The very air around him seemed to freeze, and as he knelt on one side he couldn't help lifting his head.

Shang JunLin glanced at him carelessly, and the man immediately ducked his head in fright and didn't dare do something so reckless again.

"Oh." Shang JunLin suddenly laughed. "You have some nerve."

As the pressure of that gaze fell on Shen Yu, he met it impassively, and their eyes met. Shen Yu couldn't tell what Shang JunLin was thinking, but he thought the other man might be in a better mood.

Shang JunLin threw his handkerchief into the pool of blood, and the scrap of white was instantly stained red. Without glancing at it, he strode towards Shen Yu.

Shen Yu stood where he was and watched the emperor in black move closer to him step by step, and with each step, the hostility in the man faded.

Until Shang JunLin stood before him, and the aggressive aura of the emperor in black was completely restrained once again.

Shen Yu raised the food box in his hand. "I brought soup for Your Majesty. Would Your Majesty like to have some?"

Without a single word to ask why such a scene occurred in the imperial study.

"You're not afraid?" Shang JunLin asked with great interest.

Shen Yu's face didn't have a hint of fear. The scarlet blood on the ground might as well not have existed for him, but as far as Shang JunLin knew, Shen Yu had never encountered a scene like this before.

An inquisitive gaze fell on his face. Shen Yu's expression remained unchanged. Of course he wasn't afraid. In his previous life he'd caused scenes of blood and death far worse and more cruel than the one before him now.

Shen Yu glanced at the man lying in the pool of blood, then slowly turned his eyes to the man who was kneeling. Finally, his eyes returned to the face of the man in front of him.

The emperor was almost a head taller than Shen Yu. They were standing so close that Shen Yu had to look up to see his face.

"Since he displeased Your Majesty, he deserves what he gets." Shen Yu looked into Shang JunLin's eyes and distinctly said each word.

Shang JunLin's pupils shrank almost imperceptibly, and he lifted his hand to grasp Shen Yu's chin. "This emperor didn't expect my noble monarch to think so well of me."

His tone was calm, without the slightest trace of joy. Shen Yu was watching the man's face and didn't miss the momentary flicker in his expression.

Shen Yu reached out and grabbed the hand that was pinching his chin. "Your Majesty, I belong to you. Naturally, I side with Your Majesty in all things."