8

How could Shen Yue be happy to see the person she viewed as her archenemy? When she saw Shen Yu standing there with an air of superiority while she was reduced to a prisoner, her mind reeled.

Her emotions fluctuated so wildly they were more or less revealed on her face, but she was in a weak position right now. She could only restrain her anger.

She bit her lower lip in a show of weakness. "This slave didn't mean it."

Shen Yu knew she was dissembling, but he didn't care. "You said you have something important to tell His Majesty. His Majesty is here. Whatever it is, just say it."

Shen Yue didn't want to talk in front of him. She was planning to trade the original owner's secrets to secure her future, but with Shen Yu here, he might stand in her way.

"What I have to say is important. Your Majesty, can we be alone...?"

"How presumptuous! His Majesty doesn't take orders from a criminal slave!" Without waiting for Shen Yue to finish, the palace servant standing to one side scolded her sharply.

Shen Yue trembled with fear. She lowered her head, not daring to speak. After a while, she secretly glanced in the direction of the emperor.

With that one look, she almost cracked a molar.

The young and handsome emperor was holding the gorgeous young man in his arms, whispering to him. His face was tender, completely different than when he looked at her.

Jealousy surged in her heart. "Make him leave! Otherwise I won't talk!" Shen Yue said quickly, stumbling over her words.

Shen Yu paused when he heard this. He began to doubt his guess from earlier. Were the people from that place this stupid?

Shen QingRan never acted this stupid, right?

Meanwhile, Shang JunLin's face turned cold. According to his usual habits, suspicious people were to be killed. If Shen Yu hadn't hinted there was something strange about this woman, he wouldn't have come here at all.

With his hand on Shen Yu's shoulder, Shang JunLin said lightly, "If she doesn't talk, kill her."

Shen Yue was dumbfounded as she watched the two people leave. It wasn't that she didn't want to speak. She just... didn't want to bow her head in front of Shen Yu.

When a palace man walked up to her, Shen Yue hurriedly called out, "Your Majesty! Your Majesty! I'll talk! Don't kill me!"

Only now did Shen Yue truly begin to panic, as she realized exactly what kind of place she'd transmigrated into. This was the imperial palace, and she was facing the emperor himself, the one who stood above all others. Her status was that of a palace maid, while he was the head of a country with power over life and death.

Fear welled up in her heart. Shen Yue understood in hindsight just how foolish she'd been.

"Your Majesty, don't you want to listen?" Shen Yu asked in a low voice, feeling the strong grip on his shoulder.

Shang JunLin wasn't interested. "Meng Chang will provide a report. If you want to know you can read it."

Shen Yu thought that made sense. Besides, there were too many people around to ask her what he wanted to confirm.

The two left together.

This time Shen Yue was well-behaved. She answered every question put to her. It didn't take long before she revealed everything the original owner knew.

After they returned to the bedchamber, Shen Yu took off his cloak. "Your Majesty, can you spare Shen Yue's life?"

Shang JunLin also changed out of his clothes with the help of the palace attendants. "Why? Interested?"