67

The King of Yue looked at Shang JunLin and then at Shen Yu, who was in Shang JunLin's arms, half-leaning against him. The expression on the man's face could be described as kaleidoscopic.

Shang JunLin was right. In terms of familial relationships, Shen Yu was the King of Yue's imperial sister-in-law. What did that mean? The first man he'd ever liked was now with the older brother he couldn't stand!

The words "imperial sister-in-law" echoed in the King of Yue's ears, filling his mind with chaos. When he saw the two people standing together so intimately, he fell into a trance.

Then there was the name "Ah Yu". Once exclusively his, it was ruthlessly snatched away when the young man changed his feelings. Now the only person qualified to use it was Shang JunLin.

Endless bitterness flooded through the King of Yue's heart. He twisted the corners of his mouth, and his smile was uglier than if he were crying.

The chill on Shen Yu's face was dispelled by Shang JunLin's words. Shen Yu almost laughed, and when he saw the King of Yue's dazed expression, he felt even happier.

The statement had clearly dealt an enormous blow to the King of Yue. After Shang JunLin said it, it took him a while to recover.

Shang JunLin spoke to Shen Yu in a low voice. Shen Yu listened with a light smile on his face. It was far from his usual ice-cold expression. The more the King of Yue looked at him, the worse he felt. Even so, he refused to avert his eyes. He stared at them like it was a form of self-abuse.

Sensing his gaze, Shang JunLin gave him a seemingly casual glance. The silent warning made the King of Yue tremble. In panic he looked away.

Some people don't learn what regret is until they've lost something.

Shen Yu didn't know or care what the King of Yue was thinking. In his previous life, he severed the thread between them with his own hands. Not to mention that Shang JunLin was now in his life. Even if that wasn't the case, Shen Yu would never return to the King of Yue.

The only thing he'd do was torment this man to death!

The more the King of Yue wanted something, the less Shen Yu would ever let him have it!

Shen Yu restrained the coldness in his eyes, and then he looked down at the King of Yue. "Your Highness, did you ever think about the consequences your actions would have for those young ladies?"

The King of Yue was startled by Shen Yu's sudden question. "What?" Then he reacted and widened his eyes. "Are you complaining because of those women?"

He suddenly burst out laughing. "When it comes to harming those women, don't you think you hurt them far worse than I did?"

Shen Yu lifted his eyebrows. "You're the one who did wrong. Why blame me? It's better to tell them the truth sooner than let you keep them in the dark for the rest of their lives."

"At least I didn't destroy their reputations in public and disgrace their families. Shen Yu ah, Shen Yu. You've always been clever, but did you ever stop to think that when this incident is exposed, the one who will be hurt the most isn't me, but those young women?"

Shen Yu looked at him silently.

The King of Yue knew he was right, and his smile continued to widen. He looked at Shen Yu and made no attempt to conceal the malice in his eyes. "Outside gossip and family oppression will eat those women alive, and the one responsible is you."

Shen Yu wasn't surprised at all by the King of Yue's sudden change in demeanor. He'd seen every side of this man's personality and knew him very well. The King of Yue might talk about loving this person or that person, but the truth was he only loved himself.