Chapter 30 | Reveal

Start from the beginning

"Do you know Blake? Blake Wright?" I question.

Her mouth drops open once again, but this time it is somehow ten times wider.

"You've got to be kidding me," She announces loudly,

"Shhhh," I tap her on the thigh.

"He's a senio-"

"I know who he is," She promptly cuts me off.

My eyes widen in dismay. How does she know who he is?

"You really shouldn't talk to him, Brynne. He's not a good guy."

There it is. I knew that she wouldn't like me talking to Blake.

"Why does everyone say that about him? He's not even that bad of a guy, you just have to get to know him."

Her eyes roll, and she digs her hands into the fur of my carpet.

"All I know is that he sleeps around and doesn't care about the girls he gets involved with."

"Who told you this?" I respond hastily.

"You didn't hear it from me, but apparently Lexi Anderson claims to have had sex with him, and he just kicked her to the curb afterward. Not even a kiss good morning; he just dipped. Then later, she found out that Blake kissed Rachel Bernard the same night, and he had sex with Chloe Taylor right after. Also, multiple girls have told me that he's a jerk in person and couldn't give two fucks about anyone but himself. He's just a player and doesn't treat girls right. I don't want you to get hurt."

She doesn't know him as I do. He wouldn't hurt a fly. I repeat the same words in my head until I believe them again.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I painfully agree. If Elise knew how I felt about him, she would be pissed, so I decide to pretend like I accept her words of nonsense. Lexi Anderson is a bitch anyways.

"Anywaysss, what all has happened while I've been gone," I change the subject.

She settles into the back wall and wraps herself in a baby blue blanket, making herself look like a giant burrito.

"Make yourself comfortable because I have a lot to tell you."

———————————————————————

January 12th, Wednesday

Today is the day that I move into the hospital. I've had a tingling feeling in my stomach all morning, and I'm not sure if it's from the nervousness or simply nausea from medicine.

Elise left our sleepover early this morning because she had a track meet to attend. I wished her luck, and she promised me that she would visit me as much as her busy schedule would allow.

We saved our last goodbyes for another time, even though I know that the next time I see her, will be the last. I feel as though we already have closure with our bonding over the past couple of days. Telling her my secret lifted a weight off of my shoulders.

In fact, I can probably check that off of my 'One Perfect Day' list. Number 10, make things right with Elise. I begin to search my drawers for the piece of paper that I had with me when I was with Blake. Come to think of it; I haven't seen the list since I was kidnapped by Mathias and tortured. I remember that it was in my pocket when I was strapped to the chair, but after that, there is no recollection in my mind of having it. Oh shit. What if Blake has it? What if that's why he hasn't reached out to me.

He probably thinks that I was exaggerating the entire thing just to spend some time with him. Deciding to forget about it is the only thing keeping me sane right now, so I take a deep breath and pretend like I never wrote that stupid list.