Chapter 31: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 4)

Start from the beginning

He made me jump out of fright. Dropping the torch in the sand that went out once it hit the sand. I was with no light. He came and went like a ghost but his laughter was wicked, making me on edge. "You have done everything asked of you without ever complaining but the one time you want something . . . You cannot ever have it . . . Fate has been unkind and cruel to you for something you have wanted for so long . . . What if I told you I can make that wish come true?" I inhaled sharply from his convincing whispers that spoke to me as if he was casting a spell to compel me to listen to what he had to further say. I cautiously looked around. "I don't believe you . . ." I have been giving too much hope for the longest time of our love to come true one day. I didn't want to be hurt again for false hope.

"I can make the soon-to-be pharaoh disappear and have the woman you love be yours . . . All I ask in return is inside information of the ins and out of the palace grounds . . ." His voice was coming from every direction. I was staring in multiple places in the dark for this man. I was tempted to take the deal but I then remembered the prince's face. He looked like my fellow knight Timaeus. I didn't want to see him hurt again after he lost an eye because of me. I didn't want the same for the prince either. I tried to consider your feelings in this but before I could even give it more thought for your part - he spoke up once more "What more do you have to lose?" I was frozen from that single sentence. What more did I have to lose at this point?

Time? No, I have stayed here because I wanted to stay by your side but that was going to be taken away permanently by the prince. I was bound to be chased out for being immortal.

Duties? No, I fulfilled them the best that I could.

Myself? No, I already lost myself the day the 3 Egyptian Gods told me what I was. Nothing but a monster pretending to be human.

What was I still even doing here after all of this? Why stay if I couldn't be there by your side as yours?

I really had nothing left to lose.

"Jane" You looked at her horrified "You didn't . . . Jane . . ." Jane hugged herself with her back turned to everyone.

". . . I will leave when you make this happen . . . You cannot kill him . . . Just . . . make him disappear . . ." I could feel the smile through the shadows of the night. Grinning to my agreement on this regretful bargain. "I can arrange that swiftly . . . You can head out of the kingdom tomorrow and come back the day after the coronation . . . Your wish shall be granted then . . . Now, keep your end of the deal now . . ." I told him the in and outs of the palace to easily infiltrate with less guards and the guards who will be at post during certain times for the day of the coronation. After I told this man that information, a cloth was placed quickly over my mouth from behind within mere moments after that last conversation. Once I took a whiff of this odd chemical I fell unconscious afterward.

"The world's balance was at stake and you took it?!" Yuma yelled at Jane who didn't look at him when he yelled at her. The memory showed past Jane waking up by the tablet's tomb with her wine bottle in her hand. "Calm down Yuma!" Tori tried holding him back "No Tori! How could you Jane?! The nameless pharaoh was your friend! (Y/n) was your friend!" Kite left Bronk with his brother Haruto as he went over to grab Yuma by the shoulder "You can yell at her after Yuma!" Yuma was panting a bit from being fueled by anger. Kite looked at the memory "The story isn't over yet." Yuma stopped struggling within Tori's grip around him. He glared at Jane who was far behind Kite then clicked his tongue when he turned to watch the memory again. Kite shifted his attention to you who was still frozen in shock at the memory.

The memory showed your past self much older who was standing beside the soon-to-be pharaoh who wore the millennium puzzle and proper royal attire. You were wearing beautiful jewelry and a similar circlet crown as the one you were wearing now at the moment. Behind the two of you was the new wielders of the millennium items which was a woman who looked a lot like Ishizu who held the exact same millennium necklace as her, Seto who was the wielder of the millennium rod, a elder man who looked like a older Seto with the millennium eye, A bald man with face tattoos that held meaning behind them was the wielder of the millennium key, A man with black medium hair and bangs who was well built possessed the millennium scale, and Mahad who had a headdress now with the millennium ring around his neck. 'Those are the past owners of the millennium items. The Sacred Guardians of the pharaoh. That man looks awfully like Kaiba, is that Priest Aknadin?' You thought to yourself as your hands were balled up in a fist but were shaking.