Chapter 30: Forgive Me, My Lady (Pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

I watched you open your (e/c) that stared at Dartz, they were cold and full of disdain. He was nothing but an enemy to be felt with. You didn't see him as human. You looked so graceful, beautiful, and more powerful than I had ever seen you before. "I know we cannot win but we can still give humanity a chance from you, Dartz." You raised the staff that was so bright while you squeezed my hand. With that simple squeeze I held up my sword and poured my power with you to this staff and my sword. "Oh Almighty Staff of Light! Take our power! Seal this man for his evil! I give my life line in exchange for however long he shall be kept in this seal!" You chanted as the light just grew brighter and brighter. The winds and floor became hard for Dartz to stand on and he fell to his feet. "STAFF OF LIGHT!! PLACE UPON THEE OF OUR ALMIGHTY SEAL!!!!" We shouted with the staff that blasted the powerful light that boomed throughout the dark sky to Dartz who was sealed within mere seconds.

We managed to seal him away.

We won this battle but his reign of terror would come eventually again.

I turned to you to celebrate, my power drained but not gone, and your Allmight Staff of Light returned back to being a dagger. You were drained of power but that was not what mattered. What mattered was the sudden tears you started to shed after our victory. "Pharaoh Aknamkanon . . . He . . . He has finally . . . Laid to rest . . ." I didn't know how you knew he had passed on but I neglected to ever ask. I never questioned your judgment. I just believed you because you would never lie about something like that. I cried instead with you over the fallen king.

Our father figure, our friend, our king died the night we sealed away Dartz.

The memory changed to the funeral where your past self held both the heir prince's hand and Jane's as they were mummifying Pharaoh Aknamkanon corpse. Rain echoes over the tomb for this king you were all watching be placed in his tomb.

The prince was only 18 and could not be crowned until his coronation for when he came of proper age to take the throne. He still had the power of king until the time was right. He and you took the pharaoh death hard but his death brought you closer together.

Much closer.

You looked at Jane then at the memory with a gut feeling you knew how this story was going to play out in the end. You prayed you were wrong about this feeling.

I stayed with you after the battle. I could have gone back to be in the other world with my powers being restored to what they were 5,000 years ago. Since we did not defeat Dartz, my fellow knights would not have been awakened from their crystallization or be back to their original forms. They would still have been frozen in time while I would have been alone and in total isolation once again. I did not want to face another thousands of years alone again. Staying with everyone was my choice. A selfish one but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay by your side.

The surroundings changed to you being one back to the training grounds where your teen past self, still 17, was clashing swords with the prince, still 18, while the two of you were panting and walking in a short circle. Waiting for the next person to make the next strike against the other. Jane was sitting on the other side with Priest Shimon who was watching this duel with a bowl of fruits he was sharing with Jane who was watching as well. You were dueling with a regular sword rather than your dagger against the prince.

You both didn't argue like you used to a few months after Pharaoh Aknamkanon death. It was a different atmosphere between the two of you. Something I couldn't understand. No matter how much I thought over and over about it, nothing came to my mind of what it was.

Yami had made your past self stumble back from breaking apart your swords to have him quickly move around you to the blinde side, your back aka from behind you, and he held the sword's blade at your past selves throat. He was standing behind you while your past self was thinking quickly for her next move. Yami said something in your ear which made your face red and you used your sword to slip in between the blade and daring to have it also between your face to use your upper strength to separate his sword from your past selves throat. Breaking free from his clutches which caught him off guard to give your younger self the opportunity to swing his sword out of his hand. His sword on the sand and your other self was the victor of the duel between you and the prince.