Chapter 27: Cinderella & The Beast

Start from the beginning

It was a beautiful woman who had a hold on your wrist. Her hair was a scarlet red that was wavy and long, up to that back of her knees at most. Two strands were braided and tied to the back that had a green teardrop shaped hair pin that pinned the strands together. She wore a blinding shimmering fabric black slim dress. The dress had a hugging shoulder neckline which captivated her collarbones. Her dress was not the only thing blinding but her jewelry of choice was gorgeous. One of her wrist had a recognizable bracelet that was a purple ribbon with the Horus eye as its charm. Her other wrist contained a diamond band that complimented her dangling diamond earrings and her princess style necklace that was also of diamonds. The woman looked stunning, beautiful, incredibly tall and slightly masculine for a woman your age, and almost as if she was from another world. You could not say any words to this mysterious woman. She looked around your age but somehow she made you feel like you didn't even look your own age. What captivated you about this woman were her eyes. They were these engulfing emerald green that reminded you of a stunning jewel. It also reminded you of someone.

The woman had taken her hand off your wrist to hold out her hand to you with a charismatic look in her eyes while her lips curved up to a gentle smile "May I have this dance, my lady." You could have sworn your heart stopped once she spoke. You were too stunned to even speak but your hand did the talking, well answering, for you. You slipped your hand on top of her soft palms that tugged you gently towards her. Having a hand on your waist as she guided you over to the dance floor within a sweeping instant. "J-Jane?" You fumbled over her own name. The beautiful woman instantly chuckled when you spoke her name. "Yes, my lady. I am Jane." She confirmed it to you through her light hearted laugh. Jane gently let go of your waist to twirl you for a few seconds to then bring you ever so swiftly into her arms. Continuing to dance to the orchestra. "H-How is this possible? Y-You were a cat not even a few minutes ago!" You whispered yelled the last part. Jane gestured with her head to look up and you did without a second thought. You were confused because the only thing you saw was the moon, you faced back to Jane. "I can only remain in this form only upon the moon because of the curse bestowed on me . . . It is why I told you about my second request that it could only be asked when here at the ball, my lady." There was a hint of sadness behind those captivating green eyes of hers.

It was starting to make sense of why she was super excited for tonight. Not because of just the fancy dresses and the ball itself but because she finally was going to be able to show you her true self. If you wanted, you would have cried right then and there. You refrain yourself from doing so though. It also explained why she suddenly disappeared on you a few minutes ago. There was something that she said that made you worry - the curse. A curse that was on Jane. She confirmed the suspicions Kari had about her being the traitor that Yami Bakura and The Winged Dragon of Ra mentioned to you before in the past. It answered your suspicions of her hiding something but you knew there was more to this story. Something Jane promised to tell you after the ball.

"You could have asked for anything other than a dance tonight. Why a dance?" You asked while she spun the two of you around. Jane looked at you endearingly " . . . I have longed for a moment like this with you for 3,000 years . . . I wouldn't have chosen to ask you for anything else than a single moment with you like this to be a precious memory for me, my lady . . ." She pulled you closer to an embrace which you didn't mind from her. Your nose caught the scent of lavender coming from her perfume she chose to wear tonight. 'Before I have to tell you what I must tell you later on tonight . . . Please let me have this . . . Even for a fleeting moment . . .' Jane thought to herself with her eyes closed and rested her cheek on your shoulder. You smiled when she did that and just let her take in this moment.

Meanwhile, Kari was approached by her brother Yuma with Tori and the others. They were standing on the side lines now as another song played but they were resting after the last song. "Hm?" Hiro took notice of the others "Oh this must be your little brother Yuma. It is a pleasure to meet you." Hiro smiled kindly to the youngsters who approached him and his date, Kari. Kari turned to look at her brother "Yeah, nice to meet cha, anyways Kari" Yuma knew he was being rude to Hiro but he had to skip the introductions to get Kari's attention. Yuma turned to the dancefloor and pointed to you and Jane. "Who is that with (Y/n)?" Kari looked over to where Yuma pointed to. She was just as confused as everyone else was. "I don't know who that is myself either Yuma." Kari narrows her eyes in suspicion of this unknown woman. Poor Hiro was beside her, only seeing just two women dancing with each other like normal, he was completely confused. Once Jane lifted her head from your shoulder and released you from the embrace to spin around with you across the dance floor. Kari's eyes widened as she knew those eyes that kept haunting her these past few weeks "Jane." She said without thinking.