Farewells

<Draven POV> (Didn't expect that did ya! ;P)

As my baby sister boarded the plane that would take her 5, 215 miles away from us my heart sank into the darkest depths of my stomach. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but I would not let them fall. I had not cried in public since my father died all those years ago. It was when I saw the tears and hopelessness in the boys' eyes as they looked up at me the day after his death, when mum fell into a deep depression, it occurred to me that I was the one who had to keep these boys alive and as happy as I can get them to be. So I did. And I continued to do so until my mum broke out her depression and took over the mantle once more but I couldn't let her do it all - now I had tasted what she went through I was determined to help. But now I realise I was waiting for her to leave us again, for her to wake up one morning and just lay in her bed, unresponsive, as she just laid there staring at the ceiling. But she never did.

I had always wanted a sister and I knew the boys did too. A big sister I would trail around and annoy as she tried to get ready to go out but would secretly look up to or a baby sister I would be overprotective of and threaten any boy who even looks at her wrongly. When I met Jessie I saw myself fulfilling this dream and I could see the hope in the boys' eyes too when they looked at her. I was so mad at Lack when he insulted her but relieved when she forgave him and she wouldn't let it get in the way of being one big family. I had loved her so much already that when we had to go back to the hotel my heart seemed to leave with her.

Now, as I watch her retreating back it feels like my heart was torn out my chest and left to die on the cold white airport floor. It was worse that her birthday is in less than a month when my baby sis will be turning 17! It was with a heavy heart I followed my family out to the limos. Before we pulled away I looked back at the airport as her plane took off and a single tear slipped from my eye falling slowly down my cheek as we drove off.