Moving?

<Jessica POV>

"What?" I whispered before turning to dad "Dad, What's she talking about?"

"I... I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you until we were all together... Kids, we are moving to Arizona." He replied

"Where in Arizona?" Hayden asked and we all nodded, it was Anna who answered.

"Phoenix." She said

"Excuse me." I whispered and left the room, heading towards the roof. See, I have always loved plants and flowers so every restaurant dad owns has a rooftop garden. I make a point to visit at least once before we leave. I walk to the edge and look down, It's not exactly a tall building, being three stories, my school is taller than this... My school, my friends, my life! It's all here! I even have a career set up for me after I graduate.

"Why! Why? Why?" I ask myself as I walk towards my favourite place to sit and think, on the blanket under a parasol, on the island surrounded by a river filled with koi fish only accessible by a small bridge, it's beautiful. Peaceful. Tranquil. Silent.

I could stay for hours just listening to the natural sounds and watching the fish

I decide on calling my friends, Mia, Lily, Yasmin and Emily.

Emily Yasmin Lily Mia Jessica

Hey guys

You're sad, where are you I'm coming with ice cream and donuts!

I giggle a little, Lily being overprotective as always.

I'm alright, not the best but alright

What Happened?

You know how I said dad met this girl with eleven sons and is marrying her?

Yeah

Tonight was basically the meet the step family night!

Oh

Yeah! My new step brother, Lack-of-Fun called me fat!

Hold up! Lack-of-Fun?

His real name is Lacklan but still!

Ok...

That's not even the worst of it!

You need Ice cream! Where are you?

My dad's restaurant, Dining Science, I'm in the rooftop garden.

We're coming!

Hurry.

I whisper before I hang up on them and turn my gaze to watching the fish.