Adventure Arc: Episode 2

It was now nighttime in Station Square, and everyone settled down in their homes. As for those who enjoy the night, a few passerbies take a stroll down the streets. A perfect evening, that is if you count two blurs speeding around the city.

One blue and the other azure as they ran and weaved their way around. They took their race to the rooftops as they jumped building to building. These blurs were none other than Sonic the Hedgehog and Killua Zoldyck. Both holding smiles and smirks as they raced to their heart's content.

Before they began, Sonic and his friends taught Killua all they know about Mobius. How they were separate dimensions until they merged with one another due to a foe they fought in the past who tried to use the power of the Chaos Emeralds, accidently using Chaos Control on their world and collided with another.

Knuckles sensed an unknown energy within Killua that is similar to the Chaos Emeralds. Unfortunately they couldn't come up with an answer, but he did learned that it was that energy that attracted the Badniks.

Killua would then tell parts of his story. Not wanting to tell the whole truth, he told them that he came from another world just like them and explained the concept of Nen, which is his answer to Tails' question.

With the briefing done, Sonic suggested that they race to clear their heads, which brings us here now. Both Hedgehog and Human landed on a tall building as they panted.

"Oh yeah! This is happenin'!" Sonic pumped his fist into the air.

"I'll admit, that was some race. It was actually fun." Killua chuckled as he wiped the sweat from his head.

"To think that there is someone who can keep up with me. Now I don't have to feel bored anymore!"

"You mean there wasn't anyone who can keep up with your speed?"

"A few of my friends, but they don't have stamina like I do to keep running for days."

"Well you better watch out, cause you got yourself a rival."

"We'll see who's the fastest."

The two of them smirked and were about to run off again but their attention turned to the sound of police sirens. They looked down to see a unit of police cars speeding down the streets in a hurry. Both jumped down and landed, looking at the direction the cars went off to.

"What was that about?" Sonic questioned.

"Don't know, but it doesn't seem to be good news. Let's follow them."

Both speedsters dashed off and followed the police to see what was going on.

At the plaza, all the police present as well as a helicopter were on standby. The skies started started to rain and from above a watery figure jumped down onto the entrance roof and examined them.

"You are completely surrounded! Surrender yourself!" A police officer in body armor shouted as his unit set their sights on the water creature

The water monster said nothing as it jumped down again and were in front of them.