ʚɞ Twenty Three - Base of Ball ʚɞ

"It's truly a beautiful day for baseball here in Green Hills," Sonic announced into a microphone at the baseball field. "An exciting line-up today with the debut appearance of two new players! On the mound, rookie sensation from across the galaxy. Miles Tails Prower. Facing off against the Prower house, Knuckles the Echidna."

"Uhm, I don't understand," Knuckles announced. "Why am I angry at the enemy ball?"

"You're not angry," Sonic replied. "You just wanna hit it as hard as you can and run around the bases."

"But if my quest ends where I am standing, why run at all?" Knuckles asked.

"Ugh, I can't with this guy," Sonic sighed. "Why do I even try?"

"This is just a game," Maddie called out, holding a glove in her left hand. "We're out here having fun."

"Just having some fun," Tom smiled, who was also wearing a glove.

"Fun... huh," Knuckles said to himself.

"Alright, give him the heat, Tails!" Sonic called out, standing behind Knuckles in gear.

"Hope you're ready for my fastball," Tails said to Knuckles.

"Your fastball will be dishonoured and so will you, fox," Knuckles threatened.

"Easy, guys!" Maddie called out.

"Hey, don't think about it too much," Ashley instructed. "Just keep your elbow up and your eye on the ball and then let it ride."

"Ride? To where?" Knuckles asked.

Tails fired the ball at Knuckles.

"Power bump!" Knuckles punched the ball, sending it flying through the sign and out of sight.

"Ha! Victory is mine!" Knuckles announced, throwing down the bat and beginning to run to each base.

"Hey, no fair! That shouldn't count," Tails protested.

"First base is also mine!" Knuckled announced excitedly. "I have conquered the second of the bases."

"I think that was our only ball," Tom let out, looking over at Ashley.

"I left mine at home," Ashley admitted.

"Alright, who wants ice cream?" Maddie announced to the group.

Everyone got excited. Alex and Ashley high-fived, already knowing they were both getting salted caramel.

"I am having the fun. What is ice cream?" Knuckles asked.

"It's a dessert. If you like fun, you're gonna love it," Sonic explained.

"Oh yum. Dessert. Does it have grapes in it?" Knuckles asked.

"No, not usually," Sonic shook his head.

"There's grape flavour, I think," Alex replied.

Meanwhile, Tom and Maddie were smiling at the group of friends. 

"I'm proud of our little guy," Tom smiled.

"I really like his new friends, especially the red one," Maddie chuckled. "He cracks me up."

Tom nodded, "Heck of a swing too."

"C'mon fox, our dessert adventure awaits," Knuckles smiled at Tails, lifting him onto his shoulder.

"Good job, guys. You too, baby," Maddie smiled as Ozzy walked over, wagging his tail. "Let's go get some ice cream. Come on, come on."

"I'm happy for you, pal," Tom knelt down to Sonic's height. "Got your wingmen. Perfect friends to grow up with."

"Come on, Knuckles," Tails beckoned Knuckles into the back of the truck.

"My victory chariot!" Knuckles body-slammed himself onto the truck, causing it to slightly shake. Ashley let a small laugh at this.

"I've got a lot more than that... Dad," Sonic smiled at Tom.

Alex felt like she was going to cry. She had three new brothers. 

"Race you to the truck! One, two, three, go!" Tom challenged his kids. "No, don't go easy on me. I want your best."

Sonic won the race, obviously. Alex smiled, climbing into the back seat and sitting beside Ashley and Ozzy.

"Sonic, I have just been told they have sprinkles," Knuckles said excitedly.

"Ice cream and sprinkles?" Sonic smiled. "This is your new destiny."

"What a perfect meal to celebrate my victory over you in base of ball," Knuckles announced.

"What?" Tails scoffed.

"I mean, you barely beat me," Sonic argued.

"You've never been beaten so hard," Knuckles laughed.

"Hey Sonic," Alex called out. "Don't forget-"

"Right!" Sonic replied, zipping off to grab the cooler which contained The Master Emerald.

"So, which flavour do you guys think you'll get?" Ashley asked.

______

Author's note:

And that's the second movie done! I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for all of the love you guys have given this book so far! 

I can't wait to write the third movie when it comes out!