ʚɞ Eighteen - Squads or muscles? ʚɞ

Alex winced for probably the sixth time as spotted her dad hitting the ground while playing Volleyball.

Alex was walking about, trying to take a picture of a very pretty butterfly she'd spotted. It was currently resting on a flower.

Perfect. 

But just as she was about to snap the picture, the volleyball accidentally bounced nearby to the flowers, making the butterfly jump and fly away.

"Seriously?" Alex muttered.

"Sorry, Alex," Randall called out, walking over to retrieve the ball. "That's my fault. And if it makes you feel better, I think I see it coming back."

Alex smiled upon noticing her uncle was right. She ran off and after the butterfly, determined to get the picture this time.

"Sorry about that, big Tom," Randall said to Tom, who was pushing himself off the grassy floor. "Are you good?"

"All good. Fine," Tom nodded. "Hey. Thanks for inviting me out to hang with you and your groomsmen. Good quality bonding."

"You know, bro, those guys right there are way more than my groomsmen," Randall smiled. "That's my squad. Never would've made it through life without 'em. I'll catch you later.

"Hey. Yeah!" Tom nodded with a smile.

"Let me know if you're ready for some power yoga," Randall said, showing off his muscles.

"You bet," Tom replied, showing off his too. But once Randall left, Tom let a sigh. "What am I doing?"

"Hey, Uncle Tommy!" Jojo called out.

"Hey, girls!" Tom greeted Maddie and Jojo as they walked over. "How you do? Are those the wedding rings?"

"Uh-huh," Jojo nodded with a smile, handing the pillow with the rings to her uncle.

"This little ring bearer has been taking her job very seriously," Maddie smiled at her niece. "She's been practising all morning."

"I can see that. How very responsible of you," Tom smiled, sneakily taking off one of the rings before handing it back to Jojo. "Except aren't there supposed to be two wedding rings?"

Jojo's smile faded, "Uh-oh..."

"Uncle Tommy?" Maddie asked.

"Hang on. What's going on here?" Tom asked, and pretended to pull the ring out from behind Jojo's ear, making the girl laugh. "You're gonna do great, kiddo."

"Bye," Jojo smiled, continuing on her way.

Alex then appeared, smiling down at her camera.

"Did you get it?" Tom asked.

"Yep," Alex smiled, showing the pictures she'd taken. 

"Wow, Alex, these are amazing!" Tom smiled.

"I love how you managed to get it on those yellow flowers," Maddie noticed.

Tom then noticed Randall and his groomsmen celebrating, popping champagne bottles and spraying them all over Randall.

"Groom in the building!" they were cheering.

"Look at those guys. I wish Sonic had that," Tom sighed.

"Muscles?" Maddie asked.

"Control yourself," Tom said, knowing Maddie was only teasing him. "No. Buddies. Wingmen. A squad. Sonic doesn't have anything like that. He's flying solo."

"Well he has Ash and I..." Alex said. "But I suppose you're right. He sometimes doesn't join us in some of the stuff we do. If he had guys who were like him..."

"Alex, you got to relax. You two, Tom," Maddie said. "You're at the four seasons. Have a Mai Tai. Spend some time with your family."

"That's what he said," Tom frowned. "Seriously, his exact words."

"See? He's a smart kid," Maddie smiled.

Alex nodded, calming down a little. "He'll find his way."

Alex looked down at her phone. 

Maybe she should call Ashley?

Yeah, let's see how they're doing.

Ashley answered after a few moments, music playing in the background, "Hey Alex!"

"Hey," Alex replied. "How are you and Sonic doing?"

"Oh, yeah, you know, the usual stuff," Ashley replied quickly. "Watching TV, filling up on sugar, blah blah."

"Now I kinda wish I was there," Alex smiled. "Can I talk to Sonic?"

"Uhm... not right now," Ashley said. "He's gone off to... walk Ozzy."

Alex's right eyebrow raised," He's never done that before."

"Yeah, well, he wanted to try," Ashley quickly began to explain. "Thought he'd slow down for a few moments and spend time with his favourite animal buddy."

Alex nodded, "Yeah, I suppose. Listen, the wedding is happening in about three hours, so I'll call you guys tomorrow."

"Yeah, take your time, girl," Ashley replied. "Chat later."

"Tell Sonic I said hello," Alex smiled before hanging up.

Meanwhile, in Green Hills, Ashley let out the biggest sigh of relief ever, collapsing on the sofa beside her. Ozzy appeared, the leash in his mouth and his tail wagging.

"Yeah, we'll go on that walk in a second, Ozzy," Ashley replied.

Ashley opened up her messages. Sonic hadn't gotten back to her in a while. Hopefully he and Tails were alright..