ʚɞ Twenty Two - No matter what ʚɞ

Sonic ran through the woods, trying to avoid the multiple eye lasers that were being shot at him. He was so busy trying to avoid the lasers, he never spotted Ashley, who was riding down the road on her scooter, chasing after the Death Egg Robot.

Sonic began running across a bridge that stretched over a drop. He began to try and speed up when the Death Egg Robot appeared next to him.

Ashley stopped at the edge of the woods, watching in horror as Robotnik fired...

"Snot rocket!"

Sonic fell down to the ground below as the bridge collapsed.

"Giving up already?" Robotnik crackled. "Not so tough when you're fighting someone 700 times your size, are ya! You can't beat me! I'm all-powerful! All-knowing... All-seeing."

Tails emerged through a hole he'd made in the Death Egg Robot, which was when multiple clones of himself began to fly in.

"Looks like your giant robot has a glitch!"

"Is it me?"

"What about me?"

"I'm over here."

"Up top!"

"Down below!"

"Behind you!"

"I'm over here."

"Sorry! Over here."

"Too slow!"

"You can't outsmart me. I'm the outsmarter-er!" Robotnik blasted all of the clones at once.

The real Tails hit the wall nearby, almost falling down below. But as he stood back up, he just smiled. "I didn't outsmart you. I'm just the distraction."

"Robotnik! I am also a hologram," Knuckles called out, making a wave motion with his body.

"Disloyal..." Robotnik sneered.

"Dis is how I roll," Knuckles replied. He jumped up, slamming a powerful punch right at Robotnik's chest. The Master Emerald went flying out of his body.

Without the Master Emerald powering the Death Egg Robot, it shut down and collapsed into the ground.

Ashley, who had been watching in the woods nearby, began climbing down the slope. She needed to find Sonic. But she stopped when she heard movement.

The Death Egg Robot slowly got back onto his feet, the eyes now glowing red instead of green.

"Seriously?" Ashley muttered. Nevertheless, she continued climbing down the slope.

Meanwhile, Sonic was weakly trying to get back onto his feet. He was hurt badly in multiple places. As he got onto his hands and knees, he spotted something ahead of him.

"The Emerald. It's right there," Sonic grunted as he tried to stand up and move towards the Master Emerald, never noticing the Death Egg Robot as it got up behind him. I have to... reach it. Come on, come on, come on."

Alex was in the back of the truck, holding tightly onto the truck. 

"There he is! Up ahead!" Alex called out to her dad, who was in the driver's seat. "Go, Dad! Go, go, go!"

Tom started to drive faster while Maddie unbuckled her seatbelt, ready to reach over and grab Sonic. Sonic had managed to reach the Master Emerald as Robotnik lifted one of the Death Egg Robot's feet, ready to squash the hedgehog.