ʚɞ Ten - Bang ʚɞ

One last robot began flying towards them. It looked like a tiny helicopter with a red light for an eye at the front.

Sonic notices the helicopter and chuckles, "Aww, this one is cute. Let's keep him."

However, the helicopter starts slicing through the metal of the truck, working its way around the window frames.

"Oh, come on!" Tom cried out in annoyance.

"How could something so adorable be so terrible?" Sonic asked. "You've got car insurance, right?"

The whole window frame comes loose and flies off, causing Sonic, Alex and Tom to scream.

Sonic grabs the helicopter as it comes back. "Buzz off." But upon breaking it in half, a beeping noise starts to come from the head. "That doesn't sound good."

"No, beeping is bad!" Tom replied. "Get rid of it!"

"I'm trying!" Sonic said, trying to shake the bomb off his hand, but it was as if it was superglued to his hand.

"Throw it out the win- throw it anywhere!" Tom shouted.

"I can't get it off!" Sonic replied.

"All right, I'm pulling over!" Tom announced. Sonic zips out before Tom even stops the car. 

"Alex, stay near the car," Tom ordered.

Sonic continues to try and get the bomb off his hand, until he thinks he got rid of it. But instead, it sticks to his head. "Did I get it?" 

"Nope," Tom replied, running over to Sonic with a red handkerchief in his hands. "Here, hold still." Tom pulls the bomb off Sonic's head with the handkerchief before he chucks it far away.

"It's going, it's going... it's still here," Sonic said, spotting the bomb in Tom's hand. Tom tries to shake it off as well but to no avail. Alex is standing next to the car, beginning to panic. Should she jump in and help? Or would she get hurt?

Sonic runs over and gets the off Tom's hand, before he zooms a little bit away and tries prying it off his hand with a stick. "Get off me!" It works as the bomb is now stuck to a large rock. "Ha-ha! Nailed it!"

The bomb explodes, sending Sonic flying and Tom jumps off the ground from the shockwave. Alex ducks behind the car to avoid any rubble from hitting her. After the dust settles, Alex peers up from behind the car, quickly spotting Sonic lying unconscious on the ground. 

"Sonic!" Alex cried out, running over to the hedgehog. Tom joined, gently turning him over, pressing his ear against Sonic's chest and looking around. 

"Hey, come on. You're all right. Wake up. Wake up," Tom said, looking down at Sonic. 

Alex stood nearby, her heart beginning to pound from the fear of losing her new friend.

■■■

Tom and Alex finish driving to Rachel's house, quickly getting out of the destroyed car and hiding the uncurious hedgehog under a blanket.

"Come on, buddy. You're gonna be all right," Tom muttered as they walked up the front steps. "You'll be all right."

Alex knocks on the door and Rachel answers.

"Is Maddie here?" Tom asked once the door opened.

But Rachel didn't seem happy that they were here, "No, no. Not today. Goodbye!"

Rachel began trying to shut the door in their faces, while Alex tried to keep the door open.

"Rachel, stop! Please! Maddie!" Tom shouted into the house.

"Mom!" Alex shouted too. 

Thankfully, Maddie heard them and arrived at the door, spotting her husband and daughter at the door. "Oh, my God! Rachel, let them in!"

Tom and Alex walked into the house while Rachel started to blabber on. "I am calling the police! No, I am calling the FBI. I am calling the CIA. I'm going to call somebody! I am calling your mother!"

"Okay, got it!" Maddie sighed before turning to her husband. "Tom, what's going on?! You're-you and Alex are all over the news, I've been trying to call you the pair of you!"

"We ditched our phones so they couldn't track us," Tom explained.

"Ditch his phone?!" Rachel gasped.

"Track you?!" Maddie repeated.

Jojo then appeared, happy to see her uncle and cousin. "Alex, Uncle Tommy!"

"Jojo, hey!" Tom smiled as Jojo hugged him.

"Jojo, how are you?" Alex smiled too. 

Rachel pulled Jojo away from her brother-in-law, "Now your niece is an accessory to treason! Just like you're daughter!"

"No, she's not," Tom argued. "No, they aren't!"

"I thought I was being held captive?" Alex said, remembering the news report from last night.

"Would you calm down?" Maddie said to Rachel.

"Calm down?! I will not calm down!" Rachel replied just as Ozzy walked in and the two sisters began to argue with each other.

"Yes, calm down. Stop talking," Tom tried to ease the situation as Ozzy began barking up at him. "No. Ozzy, please. Good to see you, too."

Tom leans forward a little, which almost gives Sonic away. Alex quickly stands in front of her dad, hiding the blue arm that had escaped from the blanket.

"Oh, Little Lord Baby Jesus!" Rachel said aloud as she spotted Alex hiding the arm, though she didn't spot the arm. "What is that, Tom? Is that plutonium?! Is it e-mails?"

"E-mails?" Alex repeated. "What's so scary about e-mails?"

"Yes, it's plutonium," Tom sarcastically answered Rachel before facing his wife. "Can we please go in the other room and talk-- Stop it, Ozzy! Quit it!"

"This is why I told you he was no good!" Rachel turned to Maddie.

"I'm not engaging!" Maddie announced with an annoyed sigh.

"No, Ozzy! Stop it!" Alex hissed as Ozzy started tugging on the blanket. 

"Ozzy, no! Ozzy, no!" Tom snapped, holding onto the blanket with all of his might. However, Ozzy yanks the blanket off, revealing what Tom is carrying and causing everyone to stop talking.

"Oh, catch me, Jojo," Rachel let out before she fainted.

"Oh thank god," Tom let out before facing his wife, who was holding Jojo close to her. "Can I get a glass of water?"

"Can I have one too?" Alex replied. "Please?"